Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 6 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"We shouldn't trust this Targaryen." I said again. "The last time a Targaryen conqueror came to the North our ancestor bent the knee. Northern Independence was won recently with our family paying the ultimate price."

"Daenerys could be different." Davos argued. "She comes seeking to change Westeros. I am inclined to believe her as she did free the slaves in Essos."

"She could have freed the slaves to make herself feel better. There is also the point to be made that freeing the slaves helped her gain power. The only thing that will make the Targaryen feel better is gaining the Iron Throne and the North with it."

"We need her dragons to fight against the Night King." Jon pointed out. "I highly doubt that he will fight as eagerly against us if we have three dragons at our side."

"Three dragons that are controlled by someone we don't know." I countered. "Why should we trust someone we don't know?"

"We won't know if we can trust her until we try."

I couldn't lose Jon. I had lost father, mother, Robb, Bran, Rickon, and Arya. The only blood I had left was Jon. He was a bastard but he was still my brother. How cruel I had been when I was younger. Maybe if I had realized who he was before our family was torn apart, things would be different. Maybe I wouldn't be so concerned about losing him since my time would have been spent with him.

Did Daenerys burn men alive? Was that a fate that would await my brother once he went to Dragonstone? Would his screams of pain haunt my nightmares until she turned her sights on Winterfell?

"We aren't trusting her until we know for certain." Davos reassured me.

"And yet you're willing to go to Dragonstone?" I scoffed. "If she's not to be trusted the North might not even receive Jon's ashes."

"You have to tru-"

"My life became worse once I trusted people that weren't my blood. Other people can wear the kindest faces and be capable of the greatest evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment