Sunday, August 18, 2019

Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood (Mini-Review)

Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood was released in July 2019. It is directed by Quentin Tarantino and stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, and Margot Robbie. The film centers around Rick Dalton and Cliff Booth. The former is an actor and the latter is his stunt double.

At first I wasn't excited to see this film but the more I learned about it, the more interested I was in seeing it. While having a runtime of over two hours, the film has a good enough pace that you don't mind sitting down for that long. I've seen some shorter films that feel much longer than this one.

This film is about the friendships actors can have with their stunt doubles. While I highly doubt most will drive the actor around and fix their houses like Cliff does for Rick, bonds still do form. This is one thing that drew me to this film.

Remember to stay until the end of the credits. There is a mid credit scene and after that some fun audio.

If you have liked Quentin Tarantino's other movies, you will enjoy this one. Just a warning that the Manson Family does play some part in the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment