Tuesday, August 13, 2019

At First Love Chapter 14: An Alternate Scene

This is a Real Person Fanfiction. In this fanfiction Iain Glen has never been married.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


The weather was hot today and I already was starting to sweat. At least Emilia was filming with me today so the sun would be bearable. Today's scene would be when Jorah was fighting in the fighting pits to win back Dany's affections for him. At least that is the scene we were supposed to film. We had our own ideas as we would push Jorah and Dany together no matter what the showrunners said.

"You look too happy, Iain." Emilia said with a smirk.

"I am filming with you, Emilia, why shouldn't be happy?" I asked with mock innocence.

"You can fool everyone else, but you can't fool me. I know you too well."

"No, you know because we discussed it earlier."

We started to laugh a little too loudly and a few crew looked over at us. I wanted to kiss her now but felt it wasn't a good time. If I, by accident, messed up her costume or makeup too much I would be in trouble. So all I did was smile at her and her eyes told her plans for later tonight. This caused me to laugh even louder.

"Mind letting me in on the joke?" Micheal said.

"You'll find out about it soon enough." Emilia replied as she finally got control of herself. "Don't worry, it won't mess up any take. We will be very well behaved."

"What have you done to her, Iain? You've turned her all good!"
We all laughed at that. I highly doubted he knew what we had planned. Emilia and myself had only made our plans after ******* one afternoon. It was highly doubtful that he had entered the trailer without our knowledge. And what would he have done if he did know? Would he let us have our fun or let the director know? I looked at my love and she shook her head. He would not be let in on the joke.

"Someone had to make her change her ways." I said with a large smile. "It was not an easy task, but I managed."

"I'm sure you did." Micheal replied with a raised eyebrow.

Suddenly there was yelling and motion. Emilia and I gave each other winks as we went to our places. The crew made final preparations for me which included making sure I remembered the stunts for today. Moments like these made me feel like I could actually fight. It felt as though I could be thrown against an entire army and still win.

As everyone took their places I remembered I was merely an actor. If I were really in Jorah's position I would be killed instantly. In fact I would not have made it this far. I would have died in Valyria. At least I wouldn't have had to worry about slowly dying of greyscale. So there were perks to dying quickly in the show.

The director yelled for the scene to start and things started off as planned. It was fun to fight and pretend to be a badass under the safety of the cameras. Getting inside Jorah's head was more than easy. I knew how much he loved Dany and what he was willing to do for her. He considered her happiness to be the most important thing in the world.

The hours wore on as mistakes were made and things had to be shot yet again. It had amazed me when younger that actors were able to do things perfectly and now it still amazed me. Though, albeit, for entirely different reasons. Finally it was time for Jorah to go to Dany. Finally it was time for the script to be changed.

Micheal played his part of Daario and acted jealous when I held out my hand for Emilia's. It was so easy to act in love with Dany because I loved the actress. I loved everything she represented and never wanted to be away from her side ever again. She put her hand in mine and I pulled her close to me.

"I love you, Daenerys, more than I thought possible." I said loud enough that my words would be recorded. "You have changed me into a better man. There is nothing more I want than to be by your side and warming your bed."

"Ser Jorah..." Emilia replied and acted shocked. "You are but a knight and I a queen. It would not be proper."

"You must think of me as I think of you. You must think of ******* me for nights on end. Tell me you have thought of me in your dreams."

Emilia acted the part perfectly. Her expression went from shocked to being accepting of her feelings. It was easy for us to both act like we didn't hear the battle around us as we weren't actually in Meereen with the threat of being killed at a moment's notice.

"I...I...I have thought of you in my dreams." Emilia said and pressed herself against me. "Ever since Drogo died I've thought of going into your tent and claiming you. But that wasn't what a queen should do."

"Why admit such things now?" I asked.

"Because we could die any moment. The thing I'd hate the most is for you to die without knowing how much I love you. Promise me you'll never leave my side ever again."

"I promise."
Our kiss started out chaste but quickly deepened. In an instant our joke had become erotic. I wished that there weren't people around us so I could take my love. My hands went around her waist and she pressed hers against my chest.

"I should have kissed..." I started and forgot the line.

Emilia chuckled as our kiss deepened even more. We had spent hours on this scene and I had forgotten a line fans were supposed to love. A line that they wanted in the show. I wanted to blame my love's lips but that would be unfair to her.

"Cut!" The director yelled and then broke into laughter.

I picked Emilia up and spun her around. All the time we smiled and laughed at our prank. We would have to reshoot and might get reprimanded, but in this moment it was worth it. By the time I put her back on the ground, everyone around us was laughing. Micheal came over and gave us a high five. While the crew was still laughing, they had to make things ready for the next take.

"You should have told me what you were doing." Micheal said. "I might have been able to do something."

"Like what?" Emilia asked with a smirk.

"Get punched by Jorah when Daario tried to get between the two."

I thought about his idea for a moment. It would have been amusing and gotten those people who wanted him and Dany together mad. Micheal's character had been getting on my nerves by how arrogant he acted. It would be great to allow me to voice my opinions about the character in the future. I looked at Emilia to see her reaction and she just shook her head.

"I think it is a sweeter moment if only Jorah and Dany are involved." Emilia replied. "It makes it more personal. Though I would love to see Jorah hit Daario at some point."

"I'm that annoying." Micheal asked.

"Your character is."

"He's a joy to play, though."

I put an arm around Emilia's waist as we walked around the set to relieve our boredom. Micheal stayed where he had been while I led Emilia where our mock scene had been shot. I imagined, at least tried to, what I would have done in Jorah's situation. A love who loathed me and who I couldn't help but do everything for. Would I have tried to talk to her in such a situation? There would be no situation that any of us would survive and even if I did the greyscale would take me soon after.

"I think Dany wanted you to confess to her." Emilia said. "She felt broken after exiling you. It was something she regretted. She was just too proud to admit how wrong she had been."

"Jorah had been wrong in not admitting the truth to her sooner." I replied. "I think part of him thought he deserved such a punishment. I don't think part of him will ever truly forgive himself for the wrongs he has done."

"Then why come back to her?"

"Because he feels that he is nothing without her."

I took her hand in mine and looked into her eyes. He was just like me. Without Emilia I was nothing and would be a lesser man if we ever parted ways. I had a new strength by loving her and I couldn't explain why. If I knew that love could be like this then I would've sought out a girlfriend long before I met her. It was an intoxicating and freeing feeling.

"That better be on the special features." Peter said as he walked up to us. "It would be a crime if that wasn't added."

"We should at least get a personal copy." I replied with a smile.
* * *
The music was loud and the drinks were good. The best parts of the evening were Emilia and the fact no one else from the show was here. If Peter, Kit, or one of the others had come tonight would have felt like a gathering rather than a date. And I wanted to treat my girlfriend on a date or two even with filming. So far this evening had been nothing but wonderful and a great escape from reality. Except for a fan or two who had recognized me and Emilia so wanted a picture with us.

"You need to change things up, Iain." Emilia said as yet another Guinness came to the table.

"I don't see a problem." I replied and started to drink the Guinness. "It's not like you have been changing drinks too often."

"But I have been changing them."

We both chuckled and clinked our glasses together. It might not be the smartest thing to get drunk when we would have more scenes to shoot tomorrow. Yet we both had wanted to celebrate the prank. It was a good reason to get drunk and as I looked at her I wondered if more would happen this evening.

"From blue to green?" I asked. "What the **** are they called anyway?"

"I don't think I want to tell you." Emilia replied. "They make you more bearable, at least."

"As my Guinness makes you more beautiful."

She leaned forward and I gulped more of my drink down. A small smirk appeared on her face as she knew exactly what she had done. She knew exactly how the tight and low cut top would catch my eyes. How with each breath it would become harder and harder to look at her eyes.

"Do you want to dance?" Emilia asked and tilted her head to the dance floor.

I followed her eyes and looked what passed for a dance floor. The band was highly drunk and the majority of their words sounded like they didn't know a word of English. The people dancing were in varying stages of drunkenness. Some were able to hold their liquor while others weren't. There was a certain charm to such a place that you wouldn't get if in one of the more popular places. And the charm of this pub was why I continued going to small hole in the wall places.

"Once the band sobers up." I joked. "Then I will dance with you all night long."

"It might take an entire week for the band to get sober." Emilia replied. "Maybe more."

"I am sure it would take more."

She sighed and put her drink down before walking over to my side. She held out her hand so I would take it and dance with her. Instead I put my drink down and pulled her down onto my lap. After making sure no one was watching I kissed her neck.

"How about you just stay here?" I said.

"And you'll never leave my side?" Emilia asked. "You'll be mine forever?"

"I'll be yours for however long you like."

I wanted to stay with her for all eternity. There had been no woman like her before which must mean this was my only chance at love. Yet no matter how much I wanted to think she would always remain with me, there was nagging doubt in the very back of my mind. There were younger men that could offer her so much more.

"Is something wrong, Iain?" Emilia asked with worry thick in her voice.

"I love you and I love what we have." I replied sadly. "But I don't know if this is meant to last. Every morning I'm grateful to be the one you gave your heart to and yet I can't help but worry that something will happen. Part of me can't believe something so pure can last. You're such a wonderful and beautiful woman that I don't feel like you're meant for me."

"Nothing will happen. I am yours. There is no force in this world that could ever make me break up with you. You are the best person I know and the most passionate lover. I know you will always be there for me. I don't trust most people like that. Why would I ever give that up? I don't care how old you are, I love you."

"Do you want to dance?" I asked breathlessly.
After drinking some more we danced. She took every moment she could to press her body against mine. It was a thrilling feeling to have her touch me like that in public. Soon enough I was matching her moves with my own. The music disappeared once we looked into each other's eyes.

"Aren't you having a good time?" Emilia asked and laughed at me.

"Maybe we need to take a break?" I said and kissed her on the lips.

She must have seen the lustful thoughts in my eyes since she easily agreed to be lead back to the table. She sat on my right, the place closest to the wall. The moment I sat down we started to fool around with nothing but our hands. To my drunk mind it felt like an exciting game to make sure not to be caught.

"You were drunk." Emilia said with a laugh as I zipped my pants when we were both done.

"When I'm drunk I can be very exciting." I replied with a smile. "But I don't think I should touch anymore alcohol or I'll **** you on this table."

"Maybe after we leave...we could...you know..."

"I think that is a great idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment