Monday, November 28, 2022

Update: Lynesse Chapter 26 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"I didn't see the Lannisters with you." Daenerys asked once she finally removed her hand from my face.

"They died before I could reach them." I replied. "I failed you. I should have done better."

"You didn't fail me, Jorah. You returned to me alive and well."

What if I had brought Jaime and Cersei to her? Would she have finally become the woman I truly loved once again? Or would she become even more twisted? Could I have allowed an unborn child to die? Would that action be bearable if I didn't know that fact?

"Did you plan to burn King's Landing?" I asked.

"You would have been the first person I told." Daenerys answered. "You're my king and love. Do you think I don't trust you?"

"I know you trust me just as I trust you. It...it was a momenteous decision and I am saddened that I was not a more active part of it. Maybe then I could've brought the Lannisters to you." Daenerys seemed to consider my words. Was she beginning to doubt me? If she did then Drogon would be gnawing on my bones soon enough. Westeros would then be burned to the ground with her as the queen. I had spoken too honestly and couldn't make such a mistake again.

"I wish I had thought of the plan sooner as your life wouldn't have been at risk." Daenerys said. "I don't know why I didn't. When I heard the bells ring it felt like my eyes had been opened. Just because people want me to be their savior, doesn't mean I should. I shouldn't conform my reign to their sensibilities. Justice will be dealt with fire and blood. Like in days of old."

It was hard to resist shivering at the fervor my love was showing. She truly believed that her actions were justified. She truly thought that she should be praised for the burning of King's Landing. If she did not know the destruction she had caused, she was past saving.

But a part of me couldn't accept what Daenerys had become. A part of me that still wanted to prove Jon wrong. I also didn't look forward to the day her life would end by my blade. That part of me would not keep quiet and I knew the only solution was to risk death now.

No comments:

Post a Comment