Saturday, August 6, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 16 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"You are in the presence of Daenerys Targaryen." Missandei began. "First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khalee-"

I held up one hand briefly and Missandei stopped talking. Normally I enjoyed hearing my ever growing list of titles. It helped me to remind myself of how far I had come. Mother of Dragons was one of my favorites as I was always reminded of my children. Dragons weren't human but I was their mother nonetheless.

The reason I stopped Missandei was that Jon would not be impressed by my long list of titles. In Essos my titles had worked as a short way to remind people of what I had done. This in turn told them why it was in their best interests to obey my demands. A Northerner, a man who distrusted outsiders, wouldn't care if I had saved the known world. In fact listing my titles might even make Jon more unlikely to ally with me.

"I am Queen Daenerys Targaryen." I said. "I have come to Westeros to reclaim the Iron Throne for my House. It is also true that Cersei Lannister has shown herself to be a poor queen and menace to the Westerosi people. I have heard rumors of her unleashing wildfire in King's Landing."

Jon now had a look of surprise on his face. I could imagine the pictures of what a Northerner would form of a Targaryen in their mind. He was unlikely to have considered that I was reasonable. He was likely to think I would just as easily burn as look at him.

"And you are King Jon Snow." I continued. "You may be the first bastard in all of history that has risen to be a king. And you haven't needed to make your subjects fear you, your heart makes many come to your side."

No comments:

Post a Comment