Sunday, August 28, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 17 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"I seek only to claim my birthright," I said. "But you seek to wage war against the undead."

"I don't want glory." Jon replied. "And the war you fight is one I don't think I could."

"Is that why you're unsure about marrying me?"

"I...I lost someone close to me."

"And you don't want to encounter that same pain again."

A faint smile formed on Jon's lips. He must not have expected to have anything in common with a Targaryen. I had never thought to have any kind thoughts for a Lannister. But sometimes you met the right person who showed you that the world didn't deserve to burn.

"Khal Drogo was the first man I ever loved." I said and found the memory didn't tear me apart like it once had. "He showed me what no one else ever had: that I was strong."

"I don't see you as ever bending to anyone's will." Jon replied.

"Those days are long behind me, but they are still there."

"What happened to him?"

"He was injured and then a witch cursed him. So I killed him to end his suffering."

"We were fighting on opposite sides. Someone shot her and she died in my arms."

No comments:

Post a Comment