Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Update: Lynesse Chapter 24 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Grey Worm, we need to get out of the city." I said and the men around me stopped moving. "If we stay here we will die."

"I didn't know you to be a coward, Your Grace." Grey Worm retorted and I could feel the loathing in his voice. "Our Queen would want us to continue with the attack."

"I know you want to avenge Missandei, but this is not the way. You will not be honoring her memory by throwing your life away."

The same pain I felt was in his eyes. I understood the need to throw one's life away so the pain could end. So the horrors would finally cease. But I couldn't do that now and Grey Worm didn't deserve to die. It wasn't his fault that our queen was using his pain for her own ends. Even if she didn't realize what she was doing.

"Look at King's Landing." I said and some of the Lannister soldier quietly made their way out of the city. "Do you think there is any honor in dying here?"

More wildfire went off in the distance and Drogon's fire added to the destruction. The screams were slowly getting louder and getting quieter at the same time. So many were dying and attempting to escape their fates. If the world were to end I think it would look like this. Fire raging through the world leaving nothing alive in its wake. If we left now then we could escape and live to serve our queen another day.

"Cersei has unleashed wildfire which is infamous for its destruction." I said. "On its own there would be no hope for the citizens of King's Landing. With Daenerys raining vengeance through Drogon, no one will escape the city. Not unless we leave now. You and Ghost can lead our men out of the city. You can help ensure that our queen has an army once this city is nothing but ash."

"You're her king and yet you're talking about disobeying orders?" Grey Worm replied accusingly.

"What orders did Daenerys gives us just now? Since the Lannister army surrendered, she has given no orders. All she has done is join in the destruction of King's Landing. She didn't tell any of us to join her."

"How else are we supposed to interpret her actions?"

"We aren't meant to. I am. I am your king and understand Daenerys unlike anyone else alive. To doubt me is to doubt Daenerys herself."

No comments:

Post a Comment