Saturday, August 6, 2022

Update: A Curse Chapter 4 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of A Curse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Orbiting Spirit, you can't touch that." Jeor chuckled. "Come on, you were asleep a minute ago. Let me do my work."

I pulled the curtain aside and suddenly the Orbiting Spirit swam right past me. A chuckle left her lips as she continued to circle me. Some familiars had the same capacity for understanding as a dragon. The Orbiting Spirit, on the other hand, was as intelligent as one of our cats. Jeor didn't have a partner but a pet. Though we weren't allowed to treat them as such.

"Father," Jeor said with a smile and didn't pause his work. "Come in. You don't seem able to sleep to whenever one of us is gone."

"I'm not good at waiting." I admitted as I walked inside. "Except for Scourge, I don't trust you to be able to defend yourself. Your studies must have shown you that there is a purpose to my worry."

"At least you don't stop us from leaving. Not many dragons could say the same."

With a flick of his wrist, the quill wrote on the scroll. His eyes were focused on an ancient tome while the scroll and quill hovered in front of it. Whatever language it was written in was ancient. Futhark must have taught my son enough for a simple translation of the text. The pair had become close as both liked to look to the past for important answers. I preferred to look to the future.

There were new drawings around my son's room. Some of the drawings seemed so old that they could only be held together by magic. Others had been drawn by Jeor. All of them featured the same odd creatures. They had the upper body of a centaur but not the lower half of that creature. Instead they had two hairless legs with five dull digits at the end.

"What are these things?" I asked and Jeor looked up from his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment