Saturday, January 1, 2022

Update: Lynesse Chapter 19 has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

The direwolf had his nose to the ground to explore new scents which gave me privacy. It also would allow him to race to my side at a moment's notice if someone dared attack me here. Why would anyone dare attack me here? Was I really that worried about my queen?

"And what if she does become her father?" I asked and feeling a great strain to due so. "If she becomes as ruthless as he was, then all of Westeros will be in danger. We will have traded a cold death for a scorching one. If she becomes her father, she will no longer be the woman I fell in love with. Could I kill her then? Would I even have the strength? In my sorrow could I then raise my blade to myself?"

Ghost lifted my head and I stood up as we heard shouting. If not for my direwolf, it would have taken much longer to realize the noise wasn't friendly. Though on the surface it seemed like soldiers letting out stress of past battles, the anticipation of future bloodshed, and the annoyance of nothing happening. My feet rushed across the uneven ground as Ghost led the way.

As we got closer to the sound I realized why Ghost was so worried. His ears could have heard Missandei's cries of pain back at the boulder. Cries that I didn't want to hear any clearer but knew I had to. She was a good woman and a dear friend of Daenerys. What would happen to Westeros if she were to die?

"Save her!" I yelled at Ghost.

Instead of running ahead of me, he ran slightly ahead of me. At first I was angry at him. He could save her and tear the throats of the soldiers that were harming Missandei. But when I slightly lost my footing there was only frustration at myself, not at him. He wasn't just telling me the direction they were, he was guiding me through the easiest route.

"Find a faster way, Ghost!" I yelled as Missandei's voice became harder to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment