Sunday, January 30, 2022

Lifting the Mask (Mini-Review)

Lifting the Mask is an erotic short story by August Windsor. Ivy is a shy wallflower who is efficient with her work but doesn't like to be the center of attention. She is crushing hard on Cameron Grant but doesn't have the courage to make a move on him. That is until a work party where everyone has to wear a mask. Will she make a move? Will Cameron even want her?

The cover and short length of Lifting the Mask made me want to read it. I read some dark and depressing things, so I like something happy every now and again. Instead of reading about end of the world scenarios or moral dilemmas, I sometimes like to read things with a lighter tone. Sometimes a short story where a girl gets the guy is all I want.

I connected heavily to Ivy. It was more than easy for me to believe I was her. Like me she doesn't normally dress up and hides her best features. I usually spend my days in pj pants and t-shirts. But when I dress up I can look downright sexy. It's just day to day I have no one to impress and I like to remain comfy. Also like Ivy, if I'm wearing something that shows my cleavage I...um...also get distracted.

Cameron didn't have any appeal to me except for the fact that Ivy finds him highly attractive. He didn't hit anything on my sexy checklist. Well...except for the fact it turns out both him and Ivy share one of the same interests. Also I really loved that Ivy was Maid Marion and he just happened to be dressed as Robin Hood. Swoon!

I would recommend Lifting the Mask to those looking for an erotic short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment