Monday, January 10, 2022

Forget Thyself (Kafka's Men Book 1)

It all begins with a scream...


Corvid "Kafka" Ravenhart gives herself amnesia for a chance at survival. While that might increase her chances for survival in the future, in the present it leaves her vulnerable to an enemy she has no name for.

The only kind face she meets is Blaine Rue. But it's just as likely the dashing man will be her downfall as much as her salvation.

Forget Thyself is the first book in the slow burning Reverse Harem series Kafka's Men.

I had to let go no matter how much it pained me. No matter how much it felt wrong to do so. This life would not allow a person like me to survive. It was too rough and harsh. I...I was too human to live like this. If I continued to be then...then there would be nothing of me that could survive.

What would it be like to not be me? To know nothing other than violence and pain? But then...then wouldn't that mean it would be easier to live like this?

It wasn't like I would remember this or the pain of forgetting. So maybe I should just bite the bullet and allow a different person to take my place. At least she wouldn't hate me. That could be one of the things I allowed to remain. Or did it work differently?

A mother and father. How it pained me to say good-bye. But they weren't important to survival. If she ever escaped then it would be best if she never met them. If they ever met her then they would just be in danger. If they were still alive. It wasn't like I trusted him to tell me if they were alive. He would say anything to make sure I didn't try to venture out.

Did I hate him? Did I love him? That was no longer my problem to figure out. There wasn't enough will in my body to get rid of those memories. No, I did have will enough to keep my feelings but erase everything else.

I'm sorry, person that will soon wear my face and speak with my voice. Maybe I am a coward. Maybe I should stay and fight. But I've been in this hell too long so forgive me for getting out. Not that you will remember the majority of what will be happening now.

Already I had forgotten why I was erasing my memories. Already I had forgotten my name. Alre-what? What is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment