Thursday, November 18, 2021

Update: Lynesse Chapter 17 has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

I turned to Ghost who seemed to be the only calm person on board the ship. He sniffed the salty air and looked at the water as if he wanted to jump in. If not for the fact Euron Greyjoy's fleet could be close by, I would have been more than happy to see him swim. As a younger man I might have even joined him.

"No." I reprimanded him as his haunches prepared to have him sail above the railings to the water down below.

"You should let him have his fun." Missandei said with a smile on her face.

"The Greyjoys could attack and Ghost would be needed then."

"What could a giant dog do if Euron attacked us?"

"I don't know."

I was unsure if Ghost could be any help at all. Direwolves weren't famed for their ability to fight at sea. Though I was loathe to admit it to anyone but Khaleesi, I wanted Ghost by me because he made me feel safer. He was like the covers to a scared child. Thoughts unsuited for the King of Westeros.

Missandei rested her arms on the railing as she looked out to the horizon. Unlike most she was extremely calm. She didn't appear fearful that Euron's fleet would attack us. Maybe it was the fact she was one of Daenerys' strongest supporters. If one truly believed in our queen, one would not be afraid that we would be caught unawares by an enemy. Especially when both Khaleesi and Jon had dragons that were patrolling the waters for enemies.

"When we feel Dragonstone underneath our feet, Ghost can roam where he will." I said. "No enemy will be there."

No comments:

Post a Comment