Thursday, November 25, 2021

Fancy Shop

Paid Promotion
Fancy Shop is a collection of short stories. It possesses elements of paranormal, urban, and fantasy features. Each story is thought-provoking, and the plots come with twists and turns. They are all unique yet come together in their creative perspective of changing things and dreaming for a better outcome.

The characters are different: knights, anonymous people, dreamers, outsiders, crazy ones, technocrats, cockroaches, holders of secret knowledge. They all crave for another world of dreams come true, inexpressible truths and oases of redemption of past guilt. On the way to their new identities, they move freely between reality and fantasy.

Talking With Valeri Stanoevich

What was the inspiration for writing Fancy Shop?

My fancy shop is open to those who peek beyond the boundaries of the visible world.

What was the writing process like for Fancy Shop?

The writing process was difficult. It took me a while to figure out what I had written. It was as if someone else was writing too slowly with my hand. But when I finished, I realized that I had written what I was thinking about and what was hidden behind my thoughts.

What music did you listen to while writing Fancy Shop?

I was writing in silence. Complete silence. Only in this way could I reach my visions.

What was your favorite scene in Fancy Shop to write?

I saw him only once. I remember that the others lowered their eyes, but I met his gaze concealed under the hood. I saw more anguish than malice. Later I heard the blind man in the square say, ‘I saw the man ready to fight with evil.’

What was the hardest scene in Fancy Shop to write?

‘For in your mouth there is no truth, it will remain empty until the end of days. Like mice, you will hide in your holes from what is to come. There will be neither day nor night, only twilight. There will be no solace left. You will look at your children, numb with fear. And so, when you sink in misery, and terror and remorse come to you, no one will hear you, no friend, nor foe, but only screams chasing each other in the emptiness.’

No comments:

Post a Comment