Saturday, September 25, 2021

Update: The Pull of Fate Chapter 18 has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of The Pull of Fate and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

Eyrie Isaacs

"Eyrie," My first father said weakly as his eyes strained to see me. "Are you there?"

"Yes," I replied and forced myself to look at him. "I'm here."

"Eve?"

"I'm here, father."

I took her hand in mine and squeezed it. We needed to be strong together. Not just for our own sanity, but for our father's. He shouldn't be sent to the next life worrying about our fates. He should be at peace for the first time in his life. After being brought into the world as a pawn of Wesker, he was dying as something far superior.

Eve and I had tried to discuss what we were going to say. But why had we even bothered practicing? Why had we even bothered to try and imagine the pain we would be feeling at this moment? One of our parents had chosen another world, the other had been murdered, and our final one was now dying right in front of us.

"Who have I been?" Sam asked weakly.

"You've been our father." I replied. "You gave us a life in this new world that you helped created."

"Helped."

Sam chuckled and a shiver went down my spine. The chuckle was a portion of the evil man he had once been mixed with the dying one he now was. Had a hidden part of him tried to come out one last time? Would he turn into the man people whispered he was? Even though he would only spend only a short time as such a person, it was enough to matter.

"I didn't help." Sam said sadly. "I don't know if I ever made up for the terrible things I did. How can a person measure what would be necessary for redemption? I can't. There is too much blood on my hands."

"No there isn't." Eve replied gently and put a hand on his shoulder. "You've done so much for this world. You've done so much for me and Eyrie."

"Everything I've done has been selfish. Any good deeds were only done because of Rin. She showed me a way between ruthlessness and a loving heart. She saw the last moments of Alex, she should be here with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment