This is a Skyrim/Alan Wake 2 fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.
This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.
JASH
This was one of the calmest moments I could have in recent years. Tamriel’s fate was still to be decided, I needed to make sure that Tim Breaker came out of this war alive, all the burdens of leadership still plagued me, but at least Sissel was here with me.
Sissel and I were eating a quiet dinner in our tent. A much simpler meal than I would have had in Skyrim. What meals would there be for me when I left Mundus? Would I hunt for every meal or would my devotees bring me feasts every night? Would eating be a necessity for me when I left this plane?
“It must hurt.” Sissel said with a smirk.
“What?” I asked as I tried to figure out the nature of her jest.
“Our men weren’t able to find any deer to hunt.”
With that she made a show of eating some chicken and I laughed. Whenever I traveled I preferred to eat exclusively venison and potatoes. It was a fact that my many traveling companions loathed even as they stood firmly by my side.
“The lack of venison is a fate I mourn this night.” I said with an exaggerated sigh. “But at least all hope is not lost for we still have potatoes.”
“To the potatoes!” Sissel laughed as she held one of her potatoes high in the air.
As we continued to eat I noticed a slight change to Sissel’s mood. It was a small thing that would have not caught my eye if not for how long we had known each other.
“Do you think Tim will be able to learn?” Sissel asked. “He has a fearlessness to him but will that be enough?”
“His fearlessness paired with a willingness to learn may make him a strong warrior.” I answered. “Are you worried for the dryskin as a friend or as a lover? After this war we will part ways, my Consort, and you deserve a better man than me. Perhaps Tim may provide you everything I can’t.”
“Jash, my desire for you has never wavered. Not even after all these years that you have had me as your Consort.”

No comments:
Post a Comment