Friday, September 3, 2021

The World of Antheric: Rise of the Saviour

Paid Promotion
The unity of the World of Antheric is unbalanced......

Rumours say the spirit of Lord Gaul endured the power of Mighty Layos and the Twelve Raelmarons of the Alore in the Great War long ago. Slowly, the World of Antheric was corrupted by Gaul's whispers, bidding continents against continents; kingdoms against kingdoms.

For thousands of years, the Daímons of the Domainvile continent have sought to conquer the Continent of Zuetar, waging war with its capital country; Mavore. But the power of the Pneuma Warriors proved too great for Domainvile's armies too often, and yet, more enemies within Zuetar seek to dethrone King Basen Nador.

Jenin O'Brien is a teenager from Earth. Struggling with his demons Jenin pines to have a decent life, but soon learns he was selected by Mighty Layos as the Chosen Saviour of Light to restore balance back to the World of Antheric. Joined by four Pneuma Warriors, Jenin must embark on a dangerous quest to stop three curses that will destroy the Continent of Zuetar, created by the Valltar Brothers - the Daímon Kings of Domainvile.

A force looms over Jenin, awaiting him to choose a path; the Light or Darkness.

Enter the first adventure of the World of Antheric Saga.

Talking With Marcus J. Anthony

What was the inspiration for writing Rise of the Saviour?

I started off by writing Lord of the Rings fan fiction and then I decided to create my own world. The World of Antheric was a story in my head when I was a kid and it has evolved and it's going to become a large series of books I know will be a huge hit someday.

What was the writing process like for Rise of the Saviour?

I grew up with dyslexia, so at first I struggled with the creative writing rules. My plot was always good but my writing was terrible. I did my research and read a lot of books and I found my voice! I loved every moment of it, never had serious writer's block with this book! However, having a boring day job that takes up so much time can be frustrating. One day I aim to be a full time writer and get the next additions of my series out faster.

What music did you listen to while writing Rise of the Saviour?

A lot of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter sountrack music! I have an entire playlist of fantasy music. As my main character is Irish like myself, I also like to play epic celtic music.

How did you choose your penname?

My legel name is Marcus Anthony John McKeogh (it's Irish). So I chose Marcus J. Anthony as my penname. Marcus is my birthname and Anthony is my middle name (after my father). My Grandfather on my mother's side was called John so that is the J in Marcus J. Anthony. I have used that name on all my soical media platforms for years now and sometimes I forget it's not my birthname.

What was your favorite scene in Rise of the Saviour to write?

Oh dang, there are a lot of scenes I love. Some of them are big twists I can't reveal. One scene I enjoyed was when my main character was forced to participate in a coliseum-like event where he had to fight a Spinosaurus. The reason I chose that Dino was because the spinosaurus in Jurassic Park 3 gave me nightmares as a kid, and I wanted payback for the T-Rex!

What was the hardest scene in Rise of the Saviour to write?

For me my least favourite part of writing books is starting the chapter. I have all my chapters planned out like episodes of a TV series, but it's always that first scene that gets me. I hate setting a scene. But I love the action and dialogue aspects of writing.

Where to Buy The World of Antheric: Rise of the Saviour
Barnes & Noble
Book Depository

No comments:

Post a Comment