Thursday, September 23, 2021

The Voice of a Phoenix

Paid Promotion
The Voice of a Phoenix is a very personal book. It took me a long time to finish it because I still feel the pain of my “darker times.” Writing The Voice of a Phoenix helped me immensely because I was able to understand my pain. With every chapter I wrote, I learned things, discovered so much about myself, and applied anything that could be beneficial to my own life. Pain is part of life; you can't learn without it, step-by-step, but never stop. Life is worth living and worth fighting for no matter how many times you must start over.

A phoenix never dies. “Suicide is never an option” (Zee).

Talking With Zylkia (Zee) Ivy Swensen

What was the inspiration for writing The Voice of a Phoenix?

After I lost my son, I lost my mind too. This book recounts my story and how I chose to live.

What was the writing process like for The Voice of a Phoenix?

Therapeutic, writing gave me strength. Fulfilling because my message is intense and important. Life is to be enjoyed, but also I learned how to be better.

What music did you listen to while writing The Voice of a Phoenix?

This book actually has a campaign song called Champions(Rise up) by Craig Reeves.

What was your favorite scene in The Voice of a Phoenix to write?

The Army chapter. I felt like a dork the entire time and I was. I was also fiddling and humiliating.

What was the hardest scene in The Voice of a Phoenix to write?

Writing about how I lost my husband and son on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment