Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Update: Lynesse Chapter 15 has Been Written

Since my vertigo has made me less active, I'm going to start making update posts of when I have finished writing a fanfic chapter. Maybe I'll continue once I'm back to normal again or maybe not.

Anyways...I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing later tonight or tomorrow. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

My body twisted and turned to avoid my opponents. I also moved to gather momentum so that Heartsbane would be a force to be reckoned with. As a Valyrian sword it was more than deadly, but it needed speed to cause any damage. A war cry came unbidden from my lips as the Dothraki finally fell down.


He looked pleased to have fought such a foe as me. As he walked to fight another sparring session, I knew he would insist on battling me again. He would want the pride of defeating me to help he rise among his own people.


Before I could reflect anymore about the Dothraki, Grey Worm's sword came mere inches from drawing blood. I both dove to my right and held up my sword to stop his weapon from piercing me. The time for reflection was over so I allowed my body to guide me. When it told me to go left or right, I did so without question.


Yet even with my best fighting techniques, I was no match for Grey Worm. He had been trained endlessly while my childhood teachings had been more diverse. I knew a lot more about the world than he did but that didn't help me in our fight. There was no chance I would best him now, but I wouldn't let him know how much he had broken me.


Grey Worm swung his blade and I knew this would be the end for me. No matter what I did, Heartsbane would not be able to protect me any longer. But swung my blade I did. As it cut through the air I felt despair and a yearning for the impossible to happen. My friend did not show any sign he cared, hopefully that same expression was on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment