Monday, February 17, 2020

The Shot

This is a Brightburn fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This is a drabble. Feel free to make a request or two.

Every time I killed, I did not do so out of anger. For the most part. Though I did feel rage that any of these pathetic creatures would dare to wrong me in any way. They were beneath me, beneath my kind. The only reason they were allowed to live was by the mere fact I hadn't decided to kill them yet.

I loved Caitlyn Connor and she would be mine. Once she told me that her mother was not allowing her to talk with me, there was only one thing that could be done. I had to kill the thing that stood between us. Though my reasons for killing the human were done out of necessity, there was a great satisfaction in doing the deed. A great pleasure.

So I kept her in the barn in the event I needed to relive my first kill. The first time I truly used the powers that were gifted to me.

The only time I had killed out of pure anger and rage was when I had ended Uncle Noah's pathetic life. For a human, I cared for him. He had been one of the kind ones so I gave him a chance. Instead of respecting me, he berated and threatened me. So I killed him and didn't mind forgetting about my true target.

Seeing him die made me feel good to the point I dipped my finger into his blood.
The joys of my past kills nearly made me forget about the present. I was hunting deer with my human father. Because he had helped raise me to this point, I had decided to let him live. Unlike my human mother, he had grown suspicious of me but luckily didn't dare try to attack me.

As I bent down to look at the deer tracks, I forgot all about my human father. The hunt, the thought of killing again, consumed me. I would kill these creatures just like I would kill more humans. Each were interesting prey.

In the back of my mind I heard a gunshot and suddenly my head exploded in pain.

"Ah!" I cried out in shock and anguish.

I looked to my human father as my vision blurred. Was he sad? Was he crying? How could he harm me?

"Ah!" I cried out again as he shot me in the arm just as I raised my hand.

The ship. The ship that brought me here had been able to harm me. Did my human m-

No comments:

Post a Comment