Monday, January 13, 2020

Like a Boss (Mini-Review)

Like a Boss is about two women struggling to keep their business and friendship in tack. It was released in early January 2020. It stars Rose Byrne, Tiffany Haddish, and Salma Hayek. It was directed by Miguel Arteta.

I am not a person who understands a lot of comedy. So I don't know if this movie is wildly unfunny or if it's just me. In any case I found this movie to be mostly 'meh' to 'extremely painful' with only minor instances of promise. The movie starts off well enough but it soon spirals into an unfunny mess. Never before have I tried hiding behind a bowl of popcorn.

The plot of pitting two friends against each other seemed ripe for some fun times. Not good, but at least fun. There is only one scene where one of the friends lashes out against the other. What makes this so bad is that there was buildup for more to happen on this front.

Oh, if you ever eat anything too spicy drink milk. For some reason no character realizing that made me snap.

I would recommend Like a Boss to those who like comedy and want a movie with women leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment