Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Two Silent Hill Games are Rumored to be in Development

I can still remember feeling excitement for Silent Hills to be released. I didn't get a chance to play the playable teaser but everyone who has had good things to say about it. I can also still remember when Silent Hills was cancelled and the franchise seemed to fade away.

BUT NOW THERE ARE RUMORS about two new Silent Hill games. Though the source is said to be credible, we must always be aware that these could just be rumors and nothing is happening in the franchise.

But if the rumors are true...

The first of the rumored new Silent Hill games is a soft reboot of the series. To me this is not good. We have already gone back to the start twice before: Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. The first told a story that happened before the start of the first game and the second told an alternate story in which Silent Hill isn't haunted. I don't think a third revisit to the start will do any good.

The second of the rumored new Silent Hill games is an episodic game that is a mix between Tell Tale and Until Dawn. Since Silent Hill games are character driven and full of symbolic monsters, I see this as a good thing. At least if the plot of the game is intriguing and not another rehash of the same basic formula.

I do not expect either of these games to happen, but I will be keeping my eyes out for them nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment