Thursday, January 16, 2020

Bunking Up (Mini-Review)

This review was written for an ARC of the book.
 
Bunking Up by Audrey Rush is about Livia and Theo faking a marriage in order to get a private room. But then the pair start to develop romantic feelings towards each other.

Theo and Livia both do their parts as romantic leads. Theo is tough but also has a kind heart. Livia is a virgin who is extremely kind. Oh, she also loves stuffed animals. Might just be because I have lots myself but...I consider that a good trait. Only real problem that Theo and Livia have are that they get sad at the smallest things. It's mainly Livia who takes any opportunity to put herself down.

Penelope, Livia's sister, is relegated to a villain. Like a slasher film, those who love to get it on must be punished. But because this isn't a horror story, the sister is punished by being an antagonist of the story. The book does try to give Penelope some good moments, but they're so shoehorned in they gave me whiplash.

But the book has left me with a pleasant feeling no matter its faults. I felt swept away by Theo and Livia's romance. Plus the final moments of the book are the best.

I would recommend Bunking Up to anyone seeking a nice and cheesy romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment