Thursday, April 21, 2016

Inbetween: Akin to the Platypus 10

Fic Or Original: Fic

Fandom(s): Animorphs and The Avengers

Rating: T (as according to ffnet)

Characters In Chapter: Tobias, Bruce Banner, and Tony Stark

Relationships:Tobias/Bruce Banner

Another day, another set of useless trials. Nothing was working and the thought of me able to go back home was quickly becoming a dream.

I preened myself as Bruce and Tony cleaned up after the latest series of failures. Some of my feathers had been singed which made preening a bit of a hassle. Every now and again I would taste some part of me burnt.

I was only lucky that none of my flesh had been burned. Sure I could morph and demorph, but I preferred being in my bird form. There was something comforting, right feeling, about being a hawk. Looking at Bruce I knew there was a right feeling about being with him.

I had to tell him today how I felt. If I didn't I would be too nervous and shy to do anything about my feelings.

"You doing okay?" Tony asked me.

Yeah, I replied. Just...felt like I was going to become dinner there.

"Well I have been looking at recipes, I won't lie." Tony chuckled and Bruce glared at him.

I felt warm inside when I saw Bruce's glare. Was that a sign that he loved me? That he didn't like Tony joking about those he had feelings for?

A few hours later I found myself on Bruce's bed in human morph. I had demorphed and morphed a few times as I waited for him. I wanted to be in human morph as...well...I had an activity in mind if things went as I had planned. If he had the feelings for me that I had for him.

I had to remind myself not to fall asleep as I didn't want to become a human nothlit. I wanted to have the ability to fight, to morph, and to fly.

"Tobias," Bruce said in surprise as he opened his door. "Are you okay?"

"Um...yeah..." I said uneasily as I realized that the moment had finally arrived.

What should I say? Where should I start? How to convince him that this wasn't just a crush I was feeling and that I truly wanted him?

I wish I had the courage to go up to him and kiss him. To wrap my arms around him. To become one with him in a moment of pure ecstasy.

"I've lied to everyone about how I got trapped." I said as I slowly built up the courage to tell him that I loved him.

Bruce sat down by me and looked me in the eyes. I think he knew what telling him this meant. This wasn't something I'd tell just anyone and maybe he guessed that what I said hinted at something more. Something beyond friendship that I felt for him.

"When I was down at the Yeerk Pool I could've escaped sooner." I continued.

"No, you're just using what you know now to decide what you'd do back then." Bruce said, his voice full of denial. "You didn't allow yourself to become trapped."

"I know what I did back then because I've thought about it so often. I try to deny it to myself, even, but I did trap myself in morph. I thought that by becoming trapped in morph I'd be free of all my pain, of all my misery. Flying had made me feel so free and I wanted to feel like that all the time. I didn't realize the consequences at the time. All I realized was that I wouldn't have to live with my aunt or uncle. That I wouldn't be beat up everyday at school."

Bruce looked away from me and was silent.

"I had a horrible life, Bruce, I wanted to escape." I tried to explain to him. "I didn't know that the hawk mind would make life so miserable."

"If you had to go back and make that same choice again, would you?" He asked, turning to me.

"Yes." I answered and he was silent. "Now I'm not a boy or a bird. I'm an odd mixture of both. I can't...I can't be without one part of myself and feel complete."

"I wish I could feel the same way about the other guy."

"Maybe one day you will."

"Did you come here to tell me about how you trapped yourself in morph or did you come to tell me something else?"

Was that hope I heard in his voice? Was that the longing of him wanting me to say I had feelings for him?

"Bruce, I..." I said and felt my face blushing. "I've never met anyone like you. I look at you and I see me. I see someone that I could be with for a long time."

"Tobias, you're a boy. I mean even if I..." He said and I swear I started to see him blush.

"I know you're supposed to be the adult, but just tell me if you love me."

In those moments of silence I was scared. I had opened up in a way I didn't normally and was worried that Bruce wouldn't return my feelings. If he didn't I would leave the room in utter embarrassment and despair. For some reason him not being my lover made me feel incomplete.

Another part of me knew my feelings were wrong and wanted Bruce to correct me so that I didn't cross a line. A line that should never be crossed.

Bruce looked at me and then his lips were on mine. A pleasurable feeling ran down my spine as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Taking in his taste, his scent.

"I love you," We said as one when our lips briefly parted.

As he pushed me down, I felt pure bliss. Everything I had wanted was in his touch. And when our love making was over he would be there for me as an emotional anchor. I would do the same for him as he deserved it.

Our passion continued until the morning light entered the room and, only then, did I fall asleep in his arms. Tired from our passion and my endless demorphing I had to do so I didn't get trapped in morph.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------   

No comments:

Post a Comment