Saturday, February 19, 2022

Update: Lynesse Chapter 20 has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Missandei's killers deserved worse." Yara Greyjoy said, her face still bruised from what Euron had done to her. "If I had arrived in time, I wouldn't have waited for dragons to get them."

"Burning her killers alive was justified." Jaime replied, his voice much calmer than his eyes. "My concern is that using dragons will become the main form of execution. King Aerys used fire to kill those he saw as enemies. Not all of us have forgotten his terrifying reign."

"Are you planning to stab your queen in the back?"

"No, but I am concerned about what my queen will do next."

I was concerned but stating my opinions would be wrong at this time. If my men saw their rulers as divided they would dig into us like starving animals. Even if I wanted to overthrow Daenerys, now wouldn't be the time to show my true thoughts. Any smart player of the game of thrones would be hiding their true intentions. Which meant the majority of my thoughts were concerned with trying to see under everyone's masks.

"I see nothing wrong with burning those who wronged me alive." Daenerys replied with a dangerous edge to her voice. "Or am I to allow traitors to walk free? Is that justice?"

Why had she done that? It would be easier to defend her stance if she wasn't so blatant. I couldn't be the only one that heard the hunger in her voice. She had spent so many years being the pawn of others that the temptation of power was letting her darker side out. There was a kind heart that would see burning all of her enemies alive as going too far. Missandei's killers suffered what could be shown as justice. But what petty crimes would she burn people alive for in the future?

The hunger for violence could take over in this land that was not home for her. Why hadn't she stayed in Essos? That was her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment