Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Pull of Fate Chapter 17: Return to Storm's End

This is a Game of Thrones/Resident Evil fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE
.  

Rin

[I am close, my love.] I told Jorah.

If I had been in my human form, I could have smiled. As I was in my dragon form, I could not form such an expression on my face. That was a fair sacrifice to make to be able to fly. The sky felt more like home than land ever could. Up here in the night sky the world didn't look so troubled. All the pain that was mine to bear seemed like a dream. Here there was the lie that my life was not as hard as I imagined it to be.

[It will be good to leave this place for a more peaceful reality.] Jorah replied. [We both have earned rest for all we've done.]

It should have been easy to agree with him. It should have been easy to dismiss this world's problems. It should have been easy to realize my debts to Jon weren't the same as to the debts owed to this reality's Jon. Yet something made it feel dishonorable to leave this world in the state it was. It was the same odd feeling that had lead Jorah and myself to insert ourselves into different conflicts throughout the ages.

[I don't know if I can leave.] I said. [But I will if you can't stand being here any longer.]

[I just worry that we will make mistakes.] Jorah replied. [This world's Khaleesi is not our own. What if we judge her like the...the one who was willing to burn Bear Island because I sided with you?]

[Isn't it more likely we will see this Daenerys as a way for the other's crimes to be undone? Isn't it more likely we won't judge her for our queen's actions?]

The scent of Storm's End became stronger with each flap of my wings. The waves were faintly illuminated beneath me from the starlight. With the light and the scent of wood I could tell a ship was beneath me. The people onboard weren't thinking of the greater good, most likely, they were thinking about returning home. Or maybe of having a good meal. Or maybe of just being back on land. Throughout the limitless realities, some things stayed the same. Workers were workers no matter where or when they existed.

[Thank you.] Jorah said. [I could never have gone through with it.]

[Neither of us will have to contemplate it happening again.] I replied.

A shiver went down my spine as the memory came back to me. I didn't have to ask Jorah what he had meant as there was only one thing he could be talking about: I had taken on the task of killing Daenerys so her blood wouldn't have been on his hands.

I had done many horrible things in my long life. It would be wonderful to believe that all of my actions had been done for the greater good, but that wasn't the case. And even though killing Daenerys had been necessary, it was hard to remind myself of that at times. Such as when all I had for company was Jorah's voice in my head and the wind.

[Storm's End is in my sight now!] I cried out in joy. [And when I arrive...your body...]

Jorah's mind let out a groan as he felt my desire flood his mind. While his groans through our mind to mind connection were more than pleasant, his groans that exited his mouth were the most arousing. Though I was sure that others would disagree and even argue that physical contact wasn't needed for sex.

I had to resist flying faster as the waves crashing against Storm's End made me desire the end of my journey. I needed to go into my husband's arms and forget for a few blessed hours how ****** I might be in the future. Especially if I wanted to stay in this reality to protect Sarisa. The calling to pay my debt to Jon wasn't something I could walk away from.

Storm's End had a different quality than I remembered. There were no words to describe why and even speaking through feelings would be a difficult matter. The place was different but not in a way that made me fearful. If some battle was about to rage in the castle then Jorah would've warned me. We would have worked out if we were going to fight in the conflict or if we would let death reign around us. We would have figured out a strategy if we were going to fight. While the world had known live dragons once more, I was older than Drogon and therefore much larger. My presence alone might be enough to drive enemies away.

I flew around the castle a few times to figure out what was different. Each time I stayed far enough away that human eyes would be unable to see me but close enough that I could have a better lay of the land. Suddenly the answer came to me in words and thoughts that I could repeat to someone else: the Jorah of this reality was at Storm's End for some reason.

Now I wanted to dive down and see this Jorah as I was called to him just as strongly as my own husband. But, no, I couldn't. He had his own life here that would just be complicated by me. He was happily married and it wouldn't do to be 'the other woman'. He deserved happiness being with the woman he loved.

Yet those rational thoughts did nothing to ease the need to be with him. How could rational thought be able to compete with the great truths of the universe? I was drawn to every version of him. No matter the reality, we would be called to the other. Though there was always the chance that this version of him wouldn't be romantically and sexually attracted to me.

But with him so like my husband, that was a dream. Just as it was a dream I never left my pack and discovered a greater destiny for myself.

The problem of dealing with this reality's Jorah Mormont wouldn't be solved by flying around for all eternity. I would have to face my fear and live with the consequences of my actions. After making sure that no human would notice my presence, I dove down towards the beach. Just when it seemed I would crash, I transformed into a human and slowed my fall.

With a soft thump I landed on my feet. I breathed in the salty air with human-like lungs. In this reality I was the last Kaari. The last one with magical blood borne of dragons. Something the Targaryens yearned for but would never have. I breathed out and realized a human wouldn't travel Westeros at night unless the situation was truly dire. As there was no war to fight, Jorah would most likely stay in Storm's End until morning at the earliest.

What if I ran into him? What if I had to look into a face that was like my husband's, but entirely different? Would my resolve fade away in an instant?

With great pain I started walking from the beach towards my room. The castle was so different than anything in Sothoryos. It was not as elegant but there was a beauty there. I changed my direction slightly when I could hear a fight about to break out. It wouldn't do to get myself involved with such things now. My only plan for tonight was to **** my husband and go to sleep.

I found myself walking extremely close to where Bronn and this reality's Jorah were walking. While I was hidden from the latter's view, the former could see me clearly. The former was also a trouble maker of the highest kind. He might be compelled to reveal my presence for nothing more important than he was feeling stressed. He was a good man, but more complicated than most.

"Rin!" Bronn shouted and Jorah turned to look at me.

This reality's Jorah looked at me as if a divine being was now in front of him. His breathing changed ever so slightly to indicate he was aroused but trying his best to control that reaction of his. He was always loyal to those he loved. Loyal to a fault even. His eyes explored my body and they tried their hardest not to linger too long.

Jorah's eyes finally met mine and I could do nothing but look into them. I wanted to do nothing more than embrace him and let him ravish me. Yet, somehow, I was able to hold myself back from doing anything I would regret. Maybe it was because I didn't want to ruin this Jorah's chance at everlasting happiness with Daenerys.

"Rin?" Jorah asked after he was able to regain his composure.

"Rin Snow." I replied.

"You're far from the North."

"As are you."

Each version of Jorah was slightly different from the next. Some, like Alex, were more different than others. This one had been able to marry Daenerys and build a life with her. He was able to raise a normal human daughter and live the lifespan of a human. I shouldn't interfere in his life. The demons that still haunted me might one day come after him.

"Your features seem familiar somehow." Jorah mused.

"My father was a Stark." I replied, deciding to be as honest as I possibly could. "My mother wanted nothing to do with him after she became pregnant with me. It wasn't his fault, she just wanted a child without having to deal with a father."

"Have you gone to Jon to ask to take the Stark name? He was born a bastard and managed to rise to the seat of King of the North. He would be more than understanding of your plight, especially since you share his blood."

Why wouldn't a bastard take such a chance? It wasn't usual for one to lie about being a bastard. But not everyone was a Kaari that would be executed if the truth was found out. Had Benjen Stark even made love to my mother in this reality? I reached out with my bloodsense to see if he still lived in this reality. If he did then my story could fall apart and the truth of my heritage found out.

I breathed a silent sigh of relief when I saw he wasn't fully human anymore. He was as I had last viewed my own father: not alive and not owned by the Night King.

"My father is Benjen Stark." I said. "He doesn't know I am his and what...what happened to him is something I'm not brave enough to face yet."

"Jon told me about him." Jorah replied and there was barely concealed pain on his face.

What followed was an uneasy silence between the two of us. It was hard for me to think of having a human father when I had grown up with a direwolf pack. Yet I still felt pain for his loss. In my home reality defeating the Night King had meant the death of my father. If I had wanted my father to live then I would have let the Night King rule over Westeros. But that couldn't happen.

"How did you come to be in Storm's End?" Jorah finally asked.

"My travels just happened to lead me here." I replied honestly. "I am going to leave soon. Maybe in a day or so."

"Are you a good fighter?"

I could hear the longing in his voice. He didn't want this moment to end. He knew, as well as I, that when we parted ways tonight things would change. He would go back to King's Landing and I...I would go where the winds of fate took me. Even though my heart told me to stay with him.

"One of the most skilled fighters I have seen." Bronn said and I felt tempted to cut his head off. "If you saw her fight for just a few minutes you would agree. Her body can move in very fascinating ways as she's about to kill you."

Jorah remained silent but I could tell that he was trying to hide how aroused he was. He wanted to see my body move without being burdened by clothing. I wanted to indulge that fantasy of his.

"I could have her perform for you tomorrow if you don't believe me." Bronn said with a smirk.

"I would like to see that." Jorah replied.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow, Your Grace." I said and walked away, very aware of how focused Jorah's eyes were on me.

As I continued my walk to my room, I tried to not think about the hardships that the following days would bring. How could I fly away from someone that pulled at my very soul so powerfully? Would ******* my husband really be enough to satiate my carnal hunger?

It would have to.

"Rin." Jorah said as he opened the door for me. "It's been too long."

"We have spent lifetimes together, my love." I replied as I shut the door behind me. "Even a decade would not be that long."

"I couldn't wait a decade to taste you again."

My husband's lips crashed down onto my own. I replied with my own heat. It had felt like a long time since we had touched and my body was demanding more attention ever since seeing this reality's Jorah. Then my sanity faded as I was consumed with pleasure by my love's embrace.

Both of us wished the pleasure would continue forever, but eventually it ended.

"We should go somewhere just to **** for eternity." I said with a smile as I looked over my torn clothing.

"That's a much better idea than staying here." Jorah replied with a grin.

"But when do we ever do the smart thing?"

It would be better to search for a paradise than to involve ourselves in this version of Westeros. If I left all of a sudden this reality's Jorah would be heartbroken, but he would recover soon enough. As for Sarisa...there was no war being fought so she wouldn't be caught up in bloodshed. She would have time enough to grow into her role of Queen of the South.

But I wanted to stay in this reality for as long as I could. No matter the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment