Friday, June 25, 2021

The Watcher

Paid Promotion
When 17-year-old Jim Nightingale is injured in a car accident, he finds he can leave his body at will and roam around on the astral plane free from the confines of matter. However, his newfound power comes with a terrible price, as a dark spirit held beneath his family’s decrepit church seeks to escape its prison and possess Jim. Soon, Jim and his family are in grave danger as powerful forces of good and evil converge on the town to engage in battle not only for Jim’s soul, but also for control of the dark power whose secrets are closely guarded by THE WATCHER.

Talking With D.K. Golden

What was the inspiration for writing The Watcher?

I was fascinated from a young age by the ability for one to project his or her astral consciousness and I was also inspired by my Christian faith, particularly in regard to spiritual warfare. I began writing The Watcher nearly twenty years ago, first as a short story, then gradually expanding it into a full length novel.

What was the writing process like for The Watcher?

The Watcher began as a short story about a young man who can astral project, but I soon realized that there was more of a story to tell. I gradually expanded the narrative to include details about where Jim Nightingale lived, his family life, and his interaction with his friends. Writing it took more than a decade as I discarded some ideas and introduced new ones. Then I had to edit and proofread what I wrote.

What music did you listen to while writing The Watcher?

I occasionally listened to metal bands like Within Temptation, Nightwish and Stryper for inspiration.

What was your favorite scene in The Watcher to write?

My favorite scene I wrote was when Jim’s grandfather, Charles, explains the family history to his son and grandson.

What were the hardest scenes in The Watcher to write?

The hardest scenes to write were the hospital and police activity scenes, because of the research I needed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment