This is a Skyrim/Alan Wake 2 fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.
This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.
JASH
I ate the last of the chicken and drank the rest of my wine. Unfortunately it was not the Spiced Wine from Solitude that I had grown used to. Maybe before I left for the Mountain I could have some delivered to me.
Would I have time?
Sissel ate the last of her potatoes and then looked at me. She had grown far beyond the girl she used to be but that sense of caring had never left her eyes. It was the one thing about her that I doubted could ever be dimmed.
Not even Molag Bal could leave a scar that she couldn’t recover from.
“You’re reminding me too much of Alex Casey.” Sissel said after a moment.
“It isn’t an insult when he is a man I love.” I said.
“It’s an insult when you’re becoming as broody as him. Sometimes it’s hard for any life to enter his eyes.”
“Is it so wrong for a leader to worry about the fate of Ah-Malz?”
“It’s wrong for a leader to needlessly worry about things they can’t control.”
Back when I was mortal that would have been a hard truth that I could endure. But now I was no longer bound by the limitations of mortality.
“And what about an immortal leader?” I asked and wished I had saved a few sips of my wine.
“You’re not all powerful, Jash.” Sissel pointed out. “You’re limited like all the other Daedric Princes.”
“We are more powerful than the Divines. My fellow Princes did not give up their powers to help create Mundus and so kept what the Aedra lost.”
Sissel put a hand on mine. I felt my heart begin to calm and was glad once again that she had agreed to be my consort for this war.
“Jash, all Daedric Princes are limited by their natures.” Sissel said. “Molag Bal is incapable of thinking of being equals with anyone. Hircine is incapable of trickery. You are the Daedric Prince of Balance and Extremes. You are incapable of living a pacifistic life. While you’re powerful, you can’t change reality itself.”
Sissel let out a sigh and stood up. Her eyes met mine and in them I saw the woman who was more than fit to lead next to me.
“There’s only one way to relax you now, my love.” Sissel said with a smirk.
“Are you about to conjure Ah-Malz?” I retorted. “If not, my mood will remain as it is.”
Sissel slowly undressed and then silently walked over to me. Chaste kisses soon turned to something much more animalistic.
Afterwards I waited for her to recover enough to rest her head on my chest as we lay on our bed.
“So did it work?” Sissel asked and put her hand over my heart.
“Can’t you tell?” I laughed and ran a claw through her hair. “Or did I show you too much mercy, my Consort?”
“I have never known you to show mercy when I'm the prize.”
“You are wiser than your years. It should have been yours to sit on a Jarl’s throne.”
“Then you would not be enjoying me now.”
Sissel tilted her head and I gave her a chaste kiss.
“What do you think Alex and Scouts have gotten into?” I mused. “I hope they are ******* like we are.”
“Do you not know your own husband?” Sissel chuckled. “I’m sure Scouts is being polite and not pushing the issue. But Alex-“
“Has been overthinking everything. So you don’t think they’re *******.”
“You know them better than I do. What do you think?”
“You are wiser than your years, Sissel.”

No comments:
Post a Comment