This is a Skyrim/Alan Wake 2 fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.
This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.
ALEX CASEY
I opened my eyes and found myself pressed up to Scouts-Many-Marshes’ back. My arms had again found their way around his waist and his heat was a welcome protection against the world. Every night in Goldenhills Plantation had found me waking up in the same position.
We had traveled here the morning after the dragon attack at Hendraheim. At first it was only to deal with business but now it was because we didn’t know where to go. Illia had become a powerful mage before agreeing to be one of Jash’s stewards. We had asked her if she knew how to tell where the Dark Presence was from a distance but she had been unable to give us an answer.
She had probably fallen asleep researching as it was too quiet to be any time but the early morning before sunrise.
I pressed my face into Scouts’ crest and breathed deeply. It would be so easy to wake him up now so that I could finally make love to him. It wouldn’t take much now to simply force my mind to be quiet. Heck, we had begun to sleep in the nude.
Scouts had suggested it and I had agreed. Another way to ask me to make love to him without forcing me into anything.
A shiver went down my spine as I realized why I had woken up now. Somehow I could sense the Dark Presence which meant it was very close.
I quickly put on clothing from the dresser without a care if they matched or what they were. But when I started looking at shoes my heart began to race and I abandoned the search. The commotion must have woken up Scouts as I heard him begin to move.
“What’s wrong, love?” Scouts asked groggily.
I looked at him and he immediately got up as if he hadn’t been dead asleep. He got dressed even quicker than myself and also decided not to put on shoes. I wanted to tell him exactly why I was in a panic but I couldn’t think of what to say. I didn’t want him to know how just sensing the Dark Presence brought back memories that would have been worse if not for Jash.
“Get a torch.” I snapped and picked up a crossbow and a quiver of arrows.
Scouts followed me downstairs where Alan was waiting dressed with his weapons of a gun and flashlight. I didn’t want to ******* imagine what he was feeling if even I could sense the Dark Presence.
I nocked the crossbow and put a hand on the door. My hand didn’t shake or betray how afraid I was in the moment. Before I could think about what I was about to do, I opened the door and saw a horror story on the plantation.
“****.” I hissed and heard Alan echo the same thing behind me.
All over Goldenhills Plantation were Taken. They must have been drunks staying in Rorikstead and guards patrolling the area as the workers would be inside their Bunkhouse. But if I, Alan, and Scouts didn’t fend off this hoard until the morning the farmhands would suffer.
I had my crossbow. Alan had his gun and flashlight. Scouts had…I turned to see that he was carrying a small dagger.
We weren’t going to be enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment