Saturday, August 15, 2020

And Then There Was Bella

This is a Twilight fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.


This is a drabble. Feel free to make a request or two.

All of us Cullens had our own activities to keep us busy for all eternity. Carlisle had his job as a doctor. Edward had his sullen mood that needed constant work. I, Alice, had my interest in fashion. There was something fascinating about how human fashion changed from decade to decade.

Right now I was using my fascination to help make Rosalie a dress. She had a keen eye on what brought out her best features and was able to adapt to current trends. Though she did have her favorites that were too old fashioned and would stick out.

Designing clothing was now so natural to me that my mind was able to wander from its given task. I hadn't been honest with my visions of Bella as doing so would make them never come to pass. Edward would stop his pursuit of Bella if he knew it would be me she fell in love with for eternity while in the future she would consider him a horrible mistake.

While I felt lucky to have Edward as a sibling, he was not capable of true love. He was too concerned with his own feelings to allow anyone their freedom. With Bella he had made up various excuses to justify his abusive actions.

Bella was not Edward's true love, she was his obsession.

My future wife would realize this fact as the centuries passed and she changed but Edward stayed the same. We couldn't change as easily as mortals, but there was still the possibility for those with a strong mind. Bella was too caught up now with being a teenager but one day she would find that Edward was unintentionally trapping her so he'd always be the one in control.

The day Bella decided to ask for more control in their relationship, Edward would deny it and she would start fighting for her freedom. For many years our family would be split in two so as a war raged since Edward wouldn't want to be told no.

During that intense struggle Bella would turn to me and we'd find our simple friendship turned into an intense romance. She would find it in her to forgive me because of everything I'd do for her. Was I really just being as cruel as Edward? Or did I merely want to delay hurting Edward and that's why I wasn't moving to have her fall in love with me now?

Jasper and I were close to the point he didn't mind the fact that I could see into the future. He wasn't frightened by the fact I could tell the future well enough to know what he would do. But after the war within our family he'd need time away from me. To a mortal this would spell the end of our romance. Luckily we weren't mortals and so in the near future myself, Bella, and Jasper could be in an intense romantic and sexual union.

The thought brought a smile to my face.

"Alice," Rosalie said barely loud enough to wake me from my thoughts. "I don't need a wedding dress right now."

"It's not for you." I replied, glad that Edward was not here.

"You're still going through with your plan?"

I nodded and she walked away. My sister had perfect control over her thoughts and could therefore hide anything she wanted to from Edward. Rosalie found doing so more than easy as my brother was egotistical and all she had to do was feed into that ego. Since she had perfect control hiding her thoughts from Edward I had alerted her to my true intentions with Bella.

But would the animosity between my siblings be enough to make her side with me when our family went to war?

No comments:

Post a Comment