Tuesday, October 1, 2024

When Darkness Comes Chapter 11: If Only For a Moment

This is a Skyrim/Alan Wake 2 fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


"Good form." I said as Eola used the Bound Arrow of Light Staff.

The arrow lit up everything around it right before sinking itself deep inside of a deer moments before Alex's own arrow joined it. The dryskin looked disappointed since he had yet to beat the cannibal's skill. It made sense, though, as she grew up in this world and he had not.

"I think you'll do well enough to defeat any Taken that come our way, Alex." I said and he didn't bother looking at me.

All day he had seemed nervous and I didn't think it was just because of the staffs. Alex didn't look like the kind of man who would let such a thing bother him. At least not as much as it was bothering him today.

Would he decide to stay with me? Would he prefer this reality over his own just because I was here? Was I just being selfish? Delusional? Both?

"You don't need to enchant another staff just to make sure?" Eola asked and I shook my head.

"These staffs will do well enough to get us to Winterhold." I replied.

"And once Alex is gone then we won't have to worry about the dark entities any longer."

I tensed as I didn't want Eola to say such things. Not that all of us hadn't mentioned such things before. None of us could deny the connection between the dark entities returning and Alex appearing in a world not his own.

But to say such things so casually in front of Alex felt wrong. He had endured so much and shouldn't be made to suffer anymore than he had to.

"Once I'm gone." Alex said with a more biting tone than the cold around us.

Was that sadness hidden under his voice? Why hadn't he been himself today?

"We should head inside." I said and pointed to the setting sun. "I don't need to freeze before reaching Winterhold."

As there wasn't any carriage in Morthal, we had decided to take the long way by horses. Eola had not tried to dissuade me from the idea, even though Alex would greatly slow us down, as she knew I needed more time with him. Maybe nothing would ever happen between us, but I needed to at least be able to look at him for a few more days.

Before I could follow Eola inside Myrwatch, Alex grabbed my arm. As the door shut I turned to look at the dryskin. He seemed scared. No, not scared. He was nervous and my pulse quickened as I tried not to imagine why.

"The sun is setting, Alex." I said as I struggled to say anything.

"Shut up, this is hard enough as is." Alex snapped and then his voice softened. "I love you, Kys. Every time I look at you I...I've never felt anything like this towards any man. I love you. I want to **** you. I know I'm going soon and that...that I shouldn't feel this way for something so doomed. But I don't want to hold back anymore and pretend I can push these feelings away."

I should be strong where he was weak. I should deny how aroused I was getting. I should strip Eola of any dignity to control the urges I felt towards Alex.

But I didn't want to. If I didn't act on these feelings now then I would arrive in Hircine's realm with regret that would never end.

"****, Alex." I pushed the dryskin roughly against the doors and was rewarded with a groan. "I love you, Alex."

We kissed as our hands clumsily worked at touching as much skin as possible. Somehow we made our way inside but failed to reach the bed before making love.

"****, Kys." Alex breathed after we finished. "I love you."

"I love you, Alex." I said as he cuddled up with me on the floor.

"Did I-"

"You made me happier than I have been in a long time."

"********."

"I **** to escape most of the time. With you, it wasn't like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment