Friday, October 7, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 20 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

I had Drogon fly lower to better see. Yes! It was a caravan which must mean that Jaime Lannister was here. I flew even lower so that my men could see me and gave the signal that our targets were in front of us. After making sure my men knew what to expect, I flew higher and around the Lannisters.

It would be my men from the front and me from the back. My heart beat faster as I was excited. The moment before a battle was sweet and nearly as peaceful as flying. Whatever happened next at least I was happy. At least there was peace in my life.

As I got closer to the Lannisters I saw them more clearly. At the moment they had no idea that I was about to slaughter them. Why would they? I hadn't made an attack on Westeros yet. They could know Olenna had sent a raven but might not think it had arrived yet. Maybe they didn't even know when she sent the raven.

They would scream my name as they died.

Viserion let out a loud roar and the Lannisters stood still. Some looked up at the sky to see three dragons. To their credit none ran and the archers started shooting arrows. No arrow reached high enough to even graze me. It would have to be an extremely lucky arrow to kill me.

The men were so focused on me that they didn't notice the Dothraki rushing at them. There was a chorus of screams as I flew overhead without Drogon having to breathe a single flame. All three of my children roared as one and I could hear the bloodlust in their cries.

I saw a few men running from the battle and had Drogon fly to them.

"Dracarys!" I cried out at the top of my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment