Thursday, September 8, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 18 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"If you can speak you're not too broken." Euron replied with a nasty grin. "All she'll want from you is pain. She doesn't need anything else."

"I don't have to show her anything."

"You're too far gone now. You'll cry out from what she'll do to you until you can't cry anymore. Your final days will be full of only pain."

"Daenerys will burn you alive for this."

"You think I can't deal with one ****?"

"You can't deal with me."

I felt utter terror after saying those words. He could kill me if he lost control. If I said the wrong things my life would be painful and short. While I could pretend I didn't mind the thought of death, now that it was likely I was afraid. I didn't want to die. I didn't want my life to end by his hands. At least not when I was tied up with no way to defend myself.

Euron lifted me up with one hand by the throat. I couldn't help but struggle to get free. There was no way I could win and yet my body was demanding I should. It was embarrassing to have anyone look at me like this. Somehow I managed to snarl and bite his hand. It wasn't hard enough to do anything but make my uncle laugh.

But at least I had done something. At least I had waded through the pain and fear to do anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment