Tuesday, September 6, 2022

The Devil Is In The Details

Paid Promotion
Saamyah Anne Cambell is a former special agent of the FBI, now a detective with local law enforcement. She absconds Texas for a temporary duty assignment in Florida to cope better with familial losses. Thrust into a new environment, cantankerous partner, and mystifying case, Saamyah soon realizes that the very agony she was running from is ultimately the same torment she is running to.

Bryan Terrell Russell has been a lone detective with local law enforcement since the resignation of his career-long partner. Accustomed to come, go, and do as he please, the assignment of a new partner is not only inconvenient for him, but also uncomfortable. Torn between the desire to be right and the obligation to do the right thing, Bryan must strategically balance personal sacrifices and professional gains.

Together they must rise above their differences to halt a sadistic sex offender. In a race against time, hot-temperaments, egos, and pride, the quest to discover the devil in the details is no easy feat—particularly when one partner believes that the truth sets one free and the other never felt captive to a lie.

The Devil is in the Details

An idiom that refers to a catch or mysterious element hidden in the details, meaning that something might seem simple at first glance but will take more time and effort to complete than expected. –Wikipedia

Talking With LaKeisha LaKay

What was the inspiration for writing The Devil Is In The Details?

I am a social scientist who reads an immense amount of non-fiction literature for my discipline. I also possess a love for all entertainment in the realm of thriller/suspense/mystery. Often, I find it difficult to free my mind and relax my brain in a challenging but thrilling read. So, I typically turn to classic literature for my reading entertainment. I started writing, and wrote the current published work, to offer readers like myself an engaging read that was not only thought provoking, but loosely educational. I love learning, I love reading, and I love being entertained. When the three are combined I am in paradise.

What was the writing process like for The Devil Is In The Details?

I am an emotional writer. So, how I write, when I write, and where I write is often guided by how I am feeling in the moment. To that end, I have scenes all over the place (almost like puzzle pieces that fell out of a box—they are scattered everywhere!). It's fun writing this way, but a lot of content ends up deleted in the end because the pieces just “do not fit.”

What music did you listen to while writing The Devil Is In The Details?

Classical, specifically classical piano

What was your favorite scene in The Devil Is In The Details to write?

The final two chapters; there are twists that readers never see coming!

What was the hardest scene in The Devil Is In The Details to write?

The experiences of pain, grief, losses, and disappointments because they are so relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment