Wednesday, October 20, 2021

The Voice of a Phoenix (Mini-Review)

Paid Promotion
In The Voice of a Phoenix, Zylkia Swensen tells the harrowing journey of her life. All the way from her failed marriages and various struggles. Yet even though her life could easily be another example of a person claimed by suicide, she manages to see the light even in the darkest of nights.

While this book does have a hopeful message at the center of it, it is an extremely depressing read. The author does not hold back from the many pains she experienced in her life. Which means that if you're depressed and not having a good day, you may want to read the book when you're feeling happier. And if you do think you might actually try and commit suicide, the author has listed some resources that you can turn to.

When I was in my teens, I did think about joining the army but I never did. After I put that dream to rest I figured that I already had some disabilities that would've prevented me from joining. But even though I never joined the army, I do like hearing stories from those who were enlisted. If you're looking for an exciting tale about war, you'll be disappointed. But if you're looking for stories about training, you're in luck.

As a former Catholic and current whatever you want to call me, I was a little worried that this book would be heavy on religion. While there are mentions of God and angels, it never distracted me from getting lost in Zylkia Swensen's life. There are only brief parts where she talks about converting some of her friends to Christianity. And even then it never feels like she judges anyone for their religion or lack thereof.

I would recommend The Voice of a Phoenix by Zylkia Swesen for those needing a book that shows there is a reason to continue living.

No comments:

Post a Comment