Sunday, November 1, 2020

Beyond Honor Chapter 1: Not a Sario Rip

This is an Animorphs/Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders. 

AO3 LINK

[Die, Yeerk scum.] I said even though there was hardly any anger in my thought-speak.

My hatred of the Yeerks would never die, but there were more concerning matters on my mind at the moment. Such as the battle that had quickly turned into a massacre. Of course I knew that us Andalites would not win every battle, I was just shocked at how badly we were losing. We had to be better than this.

I turned my fighter just in time to miss the Bug fighter's Dracon beams. This maneuver would have been simple if not for the two other Bug fighters and one Andalite fighter. In a move that would have impressed Prince Elfangor, my next action was to get out of the way of my Bug fighter so it accidentally shot one of the Bug fighters.

Before I could get excited, the Andalite fighter was shot by another Bug fighter and became just another bit of scrap orbiting Earth. Earth the planet where the species known as humans lived. A species that was the only Class 5 species.

Was the species really worth suffering this massacre of a battle? I pulled up hard to avoid Dracon beams and go after another Bug fighter. The battle had long ago lost any semblance of reason. My main eyes looked out of the viewport while my stalk eyes looked at the controls. I wanted the majority of my focus to be on the battle outside as it didn't do to focus too heavily on various scans.

Just as I was about to shoot the Bug fighter, an Andalite fighter slammed into it. I didn't think too hard about the fact that my cousin had been dead and him destroying the Bug fighter had been nothing but an accident. If I thought too hard about that then I would die too.

Would any of us really be alive after this battle? It seemed much more likely that we would be responsible for the Yeerks claiming yet another species for their empire. This battle was my first major one after being promoted to the rank of Warrior. I had hoped to make the Yeerks fear the name of Quio-Riril-Liuary. I had hoped to make them fear my name just like they did Elfangor's.

Prince Elfangor-Sirinial-Shamtul was the greatest Andalite so I had made sure he became my Prince. Before the battle over Earth I had studied the humans to an insane degree. This seemed to impress Elfangor and he acted more like a friend than a Prince to me. We studied both Earth and humans for hours on end.

His younger brother, Aristh Aximili-Esgarrouth-Isthill, even joined in some of our study sessions. Now Aximili was in the Dome ship and might be the only one to survive this battle.

I needed a plan. I couldn't keep dodging and fighting Bug fighters. I needed to give my cousins an actual chance at victory. So while dodging and fighting, I scanned for the Blade ship. The vessel was a special one given to the Abomination and had surprised us by hiding behind Earth's only moon. If not for it, the battle would not have turned into a massacre.

I did my best to close my mind to the dying cries of my cousins. If I didn't get to the Blade ship then we were all dead. I had to think about ensuring an Andalite victory. I had to think about making the Yeerks reconsider their conquest of the human species.

Somehow I managed to navigate the chaotic battle until the Blade ship was in sight. My ship was now an extension of my own body. It was easy to see how I could get to Visser Three's personal ship. But right before I could earn some kind of honor in the battle, I saw an Andalite fighter out of the corner of an eye.

[Elfangor!] I cried out when a stalk eye turned to get a better look. 

Yaolin! The time to attack the Blade ship was now gone. Now was the time to flee and try to form a plan. My Prince was now gone. The strongest Andalite to ever exist was now falling down towards Earth. If Elfangor could die what chance did I have at surviving?

My tail twitched as I stopped the tears from coming out. This was not the time for tears. If I was going to die, I would not face what happened after with tear filled eyes.

If all of me and my cousins were dead, then no one on the homeworld would know about the defeat. If my name became as disgraced as Seerow's had, then so be it. With two Bug fighters trailing me, I went to the very edges of the battle and attempted to enter Z-space. But only part of my fighter entered Z-space and things stopped making sense.

One moment I had been terrified as my fighter both disappeared and broke around me at the same time. The next moment I was on my side in a desert. Earth's sun shone harshly around me and I could tell I had been thrown through a Sario Rip. My main eyes looked at humans holding spear-like weapons at my throat, side, and tail-blade. My stalk eyes were able to spot more of the same type of humans holding bows with arrows ready to tear through my body. There were also humans holding weapons that reminded me of my own tail-blade.

All the humans were dressed in animal skins and had dark skin except for one. As my translator was trying to decipher the language, I thought he sounded like if Elfangor spoke in mouth sounds. He was making pleasing mouth sounds to the pale skinned white haired woman that was standing next to him.

It would be hard to create a nuclear explosion in order to get back through the Sario Rip, but I'd find a way. Right after I escaped from these primitive humans I'd be able to work out an actual plan. One of my stalk eyes tracked three small creatures that flew to the shoulders of the white haired woman.

My three hearts stopped beating for a solid minute as I realized what the creatures were: dragons.

Dragons did not exist on Earth. Sario Rips only sent you through time. I couldn't have gone through a Sario Rip. I didn't know what I had gone through. I didn't know how to get back home.

DECIDE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT BY JOINING HERE WE STAND

No comments:

Post a Comment