Tuesday, January 8, 2019

A Reign Begins

This is a Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This is a drabble of a fanfic I'm probably never going to write. You can see the fics Rin is featured in HERE.

I had fallen in love with Khaleesi from the first time I saw her. I had quickly become devoted to seeing her succeed whether or not I ever graced her bed. But her reign had been short. After Drogo died the Dothraki had risen up against her. Rin, a recent captive of the nomads, had fought fiercely beside me and helped calm the Dothraki tide.

And what else but calm could they be after the sight Rin had presented? She had transformed into a full grown dragon with three hatchlings clutching at her sides. But that maneuver had come too late as Daenerys Targaryen was already fatally wounded and her unborn child dead. I had admitted the fact I was originally a tool of King Robert Baratheon. In her dying moments she did not hate and forgave me. She still felt House Targaryen should take the Iron Throne and gave Rin that duty.

Rin had lead us through the Red Waste and to Qarth. Now she looked from her room onto the city around her while ignoring my presence. Alone with my thoughts I was free to think how ignorant she was of politics. She knew things, but that didn't always translate into caring. It was right to be by her side now if only to make sure of Daenerys' dying wish. Of course there was anothe-

"Jorah," Rin said as her red hair blew gently in the breeze. "You argue I go to Astapor. You argue I conquer the Seven Kingdoms. But can't I just as easily make Qarth my home until the proper time comes to conquer."

A few strands of her hair managed to catch the light just right and seemed to be made of flames. There were a few blonde strands which complimented her features from time to time.

"Qarth is much too far to be good for your purposes." I argued again. "You should be focusing on gaining the support of the Qartheen. There is even a suitor that can offer you much."

"I don't want to share his bed."

"Just because we have become intimate is no reason to destroy your chance-"

"I do not want him because he is a liar. I sense something off in him and have thought constantly about killing him. But I think it would be better if my men see me gaining proof beforehand."

Viserion flew onto Rin's shoulder and she pet his head. Drogon and Rhaegal stayed a short distance away from their mother. This woman had decided to name the dragons in a manner Daenerys would've.
I looked at Rin and tried to structure my thoughts. I don't know how it came to be we made love that first night. Daenerys' body had been far behind us and we had been traveling for days across a landscape that didn't seem to end. That first coupling had been an accident but the more we met that way, the more real my feelings for her became.

"Even if you do prove him a liar, Qarth is not good to stay in." I said. "There is nothing here that would impress the Westerosi people."

"I have no name that would impress them." Rin said and stood in front of me. "The only claim I have is through Daenerys Targaryen's dying words. I need to gain the respect and fear of those around me. Qarth is far enough away that I can test my strength as a ruler. I will make this city important to my cause because I exist. Besides, this provides a perfect place when the dragons grow larger. They will have large areas of land to grow nearby. Possibly when they are larger I will start moving west towards Westeros."

A smile briefly appeared on my lips before it went away. Rin's primary concern was for her children and not conquest. I hadn't any idea of how easily she could've hatched them unless her magic was just powerful enough. But that still wouldn't answer how she could've amassed such power to begin with. Yet even with her love for the dragons, she was still wise enough to remember her duty.

"And how do you plan to get rid of your enemies?" I asked.

"With blood." Rin replied with a grin. "But not too much. Just the important enemies that will make the others think more about attacking me."

No comments:

Post a Comment