Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Flame Extinguished Chapter 16: A Child Without a Mother

This is a Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. I edited a sex scene to plot relevant dialogue. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


Khaleesi walked beside me on the cliffs of Dragonstone. The hot wind pulled at our hair and clothes. The air around us was much hotter than it should be. The temperature was much closer to what it would be in Essos. The place Daenerys had first called home. The place where she had fallen in love with Khal Drogo, the first man to show her any affection. Even though I beginning to understand this place, it still felt odd.

The harsh waves crashed onto the cliffs and the spray came up to our faces. The coolness of the water was a brief release from the air. My love once again wore the outfit she had worn while living amongst the Dothraki. Walking with her now I could tell she was better suited as a khaleesi than a queen. She was much too wild for the Iron Throne. Yet if she were alive, I would have helped her achieve her goal. I loved her too much to do any differently.

"I chose." I said. "You told me to."

"You still feel guilty? You didn't before."

"It's different when I talk with you. I feel as if I betrayed you."

"You know that's not true. You shouldn't be bound to someone already dead. It is hard for the living to have relationships with the dead. It is also hard for the dead to have relationships with the living. If you tried to be true to only me then you would destroy yourself. You might even grow to resent me as your body still has needs."

"Don't you ever grow lonely here?"

"No, I don't. I'm finally at peace and I know that my king will come to me one day."

We smiled at each other and stopped walking. Daenerys looked across the sea and I wondered if we could sail to King's Landing. If this landscape conformed to any logic. Or if it was built only by what my queen wanted. Would there even be others? Could she create people for her wants? Had she created many versions of me to pleasure herself? The thought made me grin.

"What is my sweat bear thinking about?" Daenerys asked once she turned back to me.

"I was not having a very sweet thought." I replied and suppressed my grin. "I was thinking if you could create people for your needs."

"You were thinking of me having an orgy with many versions of you? Well, when you die I'll tell you. I might even show you."

"It's not multiples of me that I'd be interested in."
We kissed briefly and then continued our walk. It would be a good afterlife to walk with her. To spend all eternity by her side. We would explore this world together in peace. There would be no wars or fighting for us. We had earned it.

"Jon is a decent lover." Daenerys said. "It seems as if you had gained more pleasure from him than I did."

"You were watching me then?" I asked.

"Not the actual act, that is too private. But I did see you afterwards. You were happy and free from the woes of the world."

Yes, making love to Jon had been an enjoyable experience. It had made me wonder why I waited for so long. To have Daenerys' blessing on the matter wasn't something I expected. Nor had I expected her to think back on the time when she had fucked Jon.

Daenerys walked us over to where I had first saw her after being cured. That day was a good memory. Finally I was back home. I was back by my love's side. And that first time I had seen Jon was something I hadn't thought back on until now. It wasn't secret that they had feelings for each other but at least Jon was a good man. Since Jon was Eddard's son, he was the only man I trusted with Khaleesi.

It hadn't occurred to me until now that Jon was observing me as more than an obstacle. He must have heard stories about me but the reality had surprised him. It had awed him. It had eventually consumed him. Yet both of us had been afraid to state our feelings about each other until after Daenerys' death.

"He'll be a good king." Daenerys said. "With you by his side, he will grow strong. After the wars he'll be able to grant Westeros peace. It's something that could never happen under my rule."

"You aren't bound by war." I reassured her. "You are not bound by your father's blood. If it was peace you wanted, you could've lead Westeros into a thousand years of peace."

"I always loved your belief in me. It's what helped me when I felt weak. Belief in myself only took me so far. It was the men around me who helped me grow. But your belief in me is wrong, at least in this instance. My way to solve conflict is with violence. It would be impossible for me to fully embrace peace, no matter my intentions."

The look she gave me frightened me. Not because it showed madness but because it showed calm acceptance of the truth. She didn't find her faults demeaning, just something to look back at fondly. Would I too gain more knowledge when I died? Was the fact people were unable to accept truth the reason some saw only nothing once they died? Did that make Jon weak or just normal?

"You have changed." I said when I knew my voice wouldn't break.

"You're afraid for yourself, aren't you?" Daenerys asked. "Afraid at what you'll become. My mind has been opened, but I'm still the same. I am nothing like Bran Stark with his greensight."

"I know you are still you. Just the wisdom you've gained is..."

"Frightening. But I am still me. Just hold onto that fact. Just hold onto the fact you'll be with me once you die."

"What if I fail?"

"You won't."

I took out my sword as there was a loud roar that shook the ground. That shook the very world I was in. It sounded like Drogon. What made this more confusing was the fact that Daenerys started laughing. My body took a few minutes to calm down to the point where I could think. I put my sword back in its scabbard and turned to her.

There was another roar and then silence. The only sound was my breathing. Khaleesi was now wearing the outfit she had when I had fought in the fighting pit for her honor. It helped calm me as the colors and her form were pleasing to me.

"How could I hear Drogon?" I asked.

"Sometimes he talks to me through the veil of death." Daenerys replied with a sad smile. "I loved all my children but I shared a special connection with him. I don't know if he'll join me once he dies. I don't know if that's even possible."

While I knew dragons were intelligent creatures and they could feel, the possibility of a connection so strong between the two surprised me. Drogon was in much more pain than I realized. Even though my body didn't actually exist here, there was a sudden urge to vomit. He had been suffering and all I had thought about was myself. All I had thought about was how much pain I was going through and what should be given to me.

What if the dragon also felt such a connection to Viserion? What if Drogon was now suffering both deaths? If only I had known and could've helped him. It didn't matter that I had no knowledge of how to help him. All that mattered was that I try to relieve his pain.

"He hasn't been suffering alone, Jorah." Khaleesi reassured me. "He has his brother to help him."

"I didn't now." I replied. "And that's all that matters. I could've helped him and yet I've been selfish. I've only thought of my own needs and suffering."

"You have been a good father."

I looked back towards the castle. Dragonstone was the place the Targaryens had migrated to. My blood held no Targaryen ancestry yet I was the Father of Dragons. I had helped protect their mother and helped them live. Though it was only with Khaleesi's resolve that they survived as long as they did.

We walked to the throne room on Dragonstone. Daenerys walked up to it and just looked. She held out my hand and I took it. She squeezed it. How hard it must be for her to stay here while her friends died. She couldn't stop anything as she was a mere spectator. It must be more than painful. At least when I died we would be together for all eternity.

"I don't want Drogon to be riderless." Daenerys said. "He doesn't deserve to be lonely and he is a powerful creature. A deadly force against the dead. He has the best chance of killing Viserion's murderer."
Daenerys' voice had gone from her newfound calm to the rage I knew and loved. She had been granted wisdom but she was still Khaleesi. She still wanted to make her enemies suffer until they were dead. It would be good to kill the Night King and see my love happy.

"I have no Targaryen blood in me, so I can't be Drogon's rider." I told her. "But I promise I shall kill the Night King. Your child shall be avenged. Not by a dragon and his rider, but by Azor Ahai."

"You don't need to have dragonlord blood in your veins, you know this." Khaleesi pleaded. "We can ride dragons easier, but we are not the only ones. Drogon respects and admires you. Part of that admiration is born from having my love. Another part is the admiration you have acquired yourself. You are a good man and he can sense that."

Khaleesi was right. Dragonlords had an easier time at riding dragons, but that didn't make them the only ones able to do so. Besides that, even they had a difficult time with the art. Connecting a person to a dragon could be an extremely difficult thing. Some babies had dragon eggs in their cribs. Thais helped to secure the bound. Dragonlords had to invent methods to keep unruly dragons under control.

As for dragonlords being the only dragon riders, there were recorded histories of dragon riders that belonged to no House in Old Valyria. So even if my blood was devoid of any Targaryen blood, there was a chance I could ride Drogon. He respected me and could allow me on him. Or maybe Daenerys was wrong.

"Dragons scare me." I admitted. "They are powerful and untam-"

Daenerys pulled my head down and kissed me. It wasn't a tame kiss but one full of passion. Suddenly time passed in a blur of pleasure. The only things I was barely aware of were what Khaleesi did to me and I did to her.

"You will come back." Daenerys said as if to reassure herself.

"I always do." I reassured her. "You must have learned by now there is no distance that will keep us apart. Not even death. I never thought you'd use honey in lovemaking."

"I had a sweet bear that I had to feed. Besides, I have to make up for lost time."

"That is one way to do that."

We broke into laughter. I didn't want to think about death and doom right now. Soon this vision would be over and I'd have to face life. I would have to deal with the dead, Night King, and the Azor Ahai Prophecy. Being with Daenerys allowed me to not be overwhelmed by the world around me. It allowed me peace in these troubled times.

"I think you're not making up for lost time, now that I think about it." I said in a monotone. "You can't wait to **** me for eternity and so you're starting early. The Azor Ahai Prophecy is only a ruse."

Khaleesi punched me and soon we were play fighting. I was above her and she looked up at me. She didn't mind that her hands were above her head. We were close and the scent of lovemaking was thick between us. This was what I had to look forward to. As long as my soul ended up with her, I could endure any hardship. There was no pain that I wouldn't go through. These moments for eternity would make life worth living. Especially the parts that were hard to live through.

"I thought I was your queen." Daenerys teased.

"And I thought I was your king." I replied.

"The queen is the most powerful piece on the board."

"Then prove it, Khaleesi."
She leaned up and we kissed. Suddenly the scenery changed and I was in my bed on Bear Island. If only I hadn't messed up earlier, this could've been my reality. She my wife and myself not disgraced. Though I hardly thought that she would willingly give up the Iron Throne. That was her place.

"This isn't real." I replied sadly and got off of her. "You would not want to live on Bear Island."

"Not when I was alive." Daenerys agreed. "But now...the Iron Throne doesn't matter. There are more important things."

No comments:

Post a Comment