Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 14 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"Euron can't be everywhere at once and Tyrion claims to know the Greyjoy's current location." Ellaria said. "If he is right then his plan will work. At least if Yara will buy us enough time to get to Dorne."

Ellaria was right to doubt Tyrion's information. It could very well be that the Imp had gotten hold of good information that told where Euron currently was. The problem with that, though, was the fact that Tyrion's information could be out of date once we set sail to Dorne. He could move close enough to intercept us and ruin Yara's distraction.

That would leave us all dead and Dorne's fate left up to chance. One of our many enemies would certainly cherish the chance to rule my home. After all that had been risked to have Ellaria on such a seat of power would have been for nothing. Dorne would continue but...but it would no longer be the Dorne I admired.

"What do you want to do?" Tyene asked.

"One of you will stay on Dragonstone in case the rest of us die." Ellaria answered.

Me and my sisters tensed. None of us wanted to be the one who stayed on Dragonstone. All of us also didn't want to stay for the same reason. It would be a mark of cowardice to remain in a place of safety while your blood risked everything. It was a disturbing thought to not die in a fight and, instead, to wait for word if your blood still breathed.

I was as fierce of a fighter as any of my sisters, but I was also different. Unlike my other siblings I could stop and observe any situation before getting involved. I could push my personal feelings to the background when needed. This helped me in fighting as nothing usually got under my skin. It also made me seem much nicer than my other siblings. That weakness could be enough for mother to keep me on Dragonstone.

And would I really want to argue with her? What would be the benefits of arguing to go back to Dorne with her? Would that make me sound childish to her and the others? I didn't know if I could remain silent if she dared to declare me unfit to travel with her.

I looked at Obara out of the corner of my eyes. Out of all of us she had the most commanding demeanor. She was both ruthless and fought with about as much thought as an ant. That made many fear even looking at her which probably meant she wouldn't be chosen to stay on Dragonstone. How could Ellaria dare to keep such a fighter somewhere other than her side?

At least if I was forced to stay here Daenerys was a gracious host. She made sure her allies were respected and we got the resources we needed. If I died then she would not take my loss lightly. That didn't mean the Targaryen would do anything we asked her to. The reason she had asked for more ships from Ellaria was purely to remind us that she was not a weak woman.

It had been a strong statement and one that I would remember. She had never needed to raise her voice or threaten us in a blatant manner. All she needed to do was speak and I could hear the utter strength behind the words. She didn't need her dragons to be a threat to her enemies.

Tyene seemed utterly calm. She had nothing remarkable to make her stand out. The only thing that would make heads turn was her utter abandon in a fight. Could that be enough to make Ellaria choose her to stay behind? Or would she want Obara to stay back so she could enact revenge if need be?

I could see a brief moment of doubt flash over Obara's face before a look of indifference took over. Was she also thinking our mother might force her to stay on Dragonstone?

No comments:

Post a Comment