Sunday, September 9, 2018

A Flame Extinguished Chapter 10: Before the Veil

This is a Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. I edited a sex scene to only plot relevant dialogue. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.

The chair in front of the fire grew more comfortable as I started to drift off to sleep. The crackling became music for me to dance to. My next breath took me to Meereen. Everything was silent in the vision. No voices cried out to declare me Azor Ahai. Even though this should've scared me it didn't. The only thought on my mind was if I could find Daenerys here.

I raced through the streets as I knew instinctively where Khaleesi would be. The only place she could be in this vision. My feet quickly took me from the entrance of Meereen to the throne. There on the seat she sat on while alive, Daenerys smiled at me. Only once I looked at her did I realize that this time the chill from Winterfell had followed me.

We looked at each other and smiled. After the last time I had hardly thought I would be able to once again look upon her. The form that was strong as any man yet no less feminine. She should still be alive to sit upon the Iron Throne as that was the only seat worthy of her.

"Khaleesi." I said.

"My sweet bear." Daenerys said as she stood up.

We rushed towards each other. I wrapped my arms around her as we met half-way to her throne. We kissed gently and I was taken away by her love for me. She had chosen to be with me after all this time. She would've been with me in life if only she hadn't died.
"I thought you wouldn't visit me again." I said.

"I couldn't suffer making love to you only once." She replied with a large smile on her face.

She raised her lips to me and I kissed her. The next moments passed in a rage of fiery passion.

I pulled my pants back up. I didn't bother with my other clothing. No one would enter this room and I had no shame while being naked in front of my love. My love who was fully naked unlike myself. I sat down beside her and she placed a hand over my heart.

"Are you enjoying Winterfell?" Daenerys asked me. "I do look down on you from time to time. It has become harder to do over time."

"I am glad that you make the effort." I replied gently. "Winterfell has been confusing. You're not there and the dead are coming. Added to that is the fact that Cersei Lannister has betrayed us. She has grown mad enough that the thought of Westeros being destroyed doesn't make her frightened."

"In the Dragonpit I could sense her arrogance. She isn't afraid because she thinks she can't lose. A similar mindset to the one I had while alive."

"You are nothing like her!"

My queen turned to me with a smile on her face. I didn't understand. To compare herself to the incestuous Lannister seemed to be born out of self pity. Yet Daenerys didn't seem sad at all. Instead she seemed to accept the fact like one would the rising of the sun. I didn't understand how I should react to such a statement from her.

"We were two sides of the same coin." Daenerys explained. "I was on the edge of madness while she had been consumed by insanity. If I didn't watch my steps carefully enough I could've become her."

"And you say you've changed now?" I asked.

"I am still Daenerys Targaryen but I see more now. I'm able to step away from everything that tormented me in life."

I looked at her and kissed her gently. Yes, death had the great possibility of changing a person. At least she had continued to improve in her situation. If only she could take her newfound wisdom to Westeros instead of this odd plane of existence we now found ourselves in.

"What do you think of Jon and Sansa Stark?" Daenerys asked. "From what I've seen you're drawn to them. Sansa's beauty and Jon's purity. If I hadn't eyed the Iron Throne I would think Sansa a good queen. She has overcome much and grown wise in her young age."

"Yes she has." I replied.

I remembered the morning Sansa had come to my room. Her body full of longing for me and yet slight fear at the same time. Her red hair was much different than Daenerys' pale white hair. Yet Sansa was no less beautiful. Once I was drawn back to the present I turned my face away from Khaleesi's and she laughed loudly.

"Jon is a good man." Daenerys said once I could look at her again. "He is the most noble man in all of Westeros. He will lead the living through the War for the Dawn."

"That he will." I replied and was about to turn away again but Khaleesi's hand stopped me.

"I know the feelings you hold for both Jon and Sansa. I haven't been able to see much but I have been able to see that."

"I am sorry I kissed Jon. No matter how much I yearned for his embrace, I shouldn't have betrayed you like that."

From the way Khaleesi looked at me I could tell she hadn't seen the kiss. She hadn't seen how I had got lost in him. That for a moment all that had existed were me and him. She hadn't seen how much I yearned to fuck him in that moment. That I had been willing to freeze in the cold if it meant I could make love to him.

Daenerys laughed and I looked at her confused. She should be angry at what I had done. At how I had forgotten our love. Yet here she was laughing as if I had told a joke. Was this her not believing I had kissed Jon? No, no it wasn't that. I could tell clearly that she had believed me. She believed me and yet she was still laughing.

"You are worrying about the wrong things, my sweet bear." Daenerys said gently and put a hand on my arm. "I am dead and unable to be with you in the world of the living. Jon and Sansa are still living and ready to welcome you into their beds. Jon is a good lover and I am sure that Sansa will also please you."

"I know that you are dead, Khaleesi." I replied sadly. "But we are together in the...wherever this place is. Whatever realm we are making love in, we are together. I still have the ability to be unfaithful to you. If I start to love one of them I cou-"
"You will never forget me. No matter who you choose to warm your bed, my memory will never leave you. You will always be faithful to me. And, after you leave the world of the living, you will be with me until eternity ends."

"How is that possible?"

"Get dressed and walk with me."

I put my clothes back on and turned to see Daenerys fully clothed. Instead of her outfit from earlier, now she wore the same clothes she had worn in Dragonstone. I followed beside her. I didn't like disagreeing with her but I didn't understand what she had said. I couldn't be loyal to her while taking another. It just wasn't possible.

It was awhile until I realized our destination. I was beside her while I walked into the fighting pit. It was the same fighting pit that the Sons of the Harpy had attacked her in and Drogon had rescued her from. It was beautiful now that there was no danger to either of us.

"I married Khal Drogo and I took another." Daenerys finally said. "That didn't mean I loved him any less. It's just that there comes a point that you need to move on."

"The next person you took into your bed was Daario Naharis." I retorted. "You were a child who needed comfort. You didn't want to move on, you wanted to escape the pain."

"You are right, that was a rather weak example. Jon Snow, then. He loved Ygritte with all of his being and yet he tried to win my heart."

Daenerys was right. Jon's love of Ygritte was a secret he hardly told anyone. He had told me only because he wanted to win my hand in marriage. I didn't believe the boy had abandoned the Wilding and that she would always live in his heart. He could move on so why couldn't I?

"Ygritte was not visiting him in dreams and visions." I pointed out.

"Why are you denying Jon and Sansa?" Daenerys asked. "Is it truly because you fear being disloyal to me?"

"I...I just don't understand."

"The deepest part of you will always belong to me. There will never be a moment where you are ever someone else's. You'll be able to love them and care deeply for them, but it will never be like the love you have for me. That isn't wrong and only children believe it is. Do you understand? No, I think it will take you awhile to understand. For now I will give you something that you're able to comprehend: I order you to move on, Jorah the Andal. Until you die, you can take as many as you want. Once you truly join me in this realm you are not to take another."

"That I understand, Khaleesi."

We both smiled at each other. She had known I couldn't comprehend the truth that she had found. Instead of trying to debate me on the topic she had decided to give me time. She knew that in the future I'd understand and wasn't rushing me.

"It was here that I knew I loved you." Daenerys told me. "When our hands touched I noticed a connection that had been hidden from me. I loved you more than anything and wanted to be with you."

"Why didn't you wait for me on Dragonstone?" I asked.

"I had thought you were dead. Tyrion thought it best that I didn't burden myself with that grief. When Jon came he was a good distraction and I thought I loved him. In my heart I felt torn between you and him. It wasn't until I fucked him that I realized the truth. Like Daario Naharis before him, I was looking for an escape. Something I could easily toss away when I was bored. He didn't deserve to be used like that. So I freed him from any romantic obligations to me."
I looked at her. She had been extremely strong. Not just anyone could look at themselves as she had. It was wrong that she was dead as that mindset was one of a queen. But I couldn't mourn her as she was alive. Not in the world of the living but the place beyond the dead. I distracted myself by looking around the arena.

"Drogon rescued you from here." I said with a smile. "When you were at your weakest point he came. He gave up the freedom he had been enjoying for you."

"Why hasn't he flown away since I am gone?" Daenerys asked and I had a suspicion that she knew the answer.

"He wants revenge for Viserion as does Rhaegal. Viserion was the first to die and so the others want to make the Night King pay."

Daenerys' expression was unreadable. That was strange as usually we could see through each other. I didn't know if I had answered correctly and if she was displeased with my answer. Her next expression was more readable and I knew the answer would come to me in time. If I was right I would know soon enough. My queen started walking and I followed her. I soon found myself in her room. The sheets gave off the thick scent of love making. I hadn't seen Drogo and wondered if he were still here.

"No one will disturb us." Daenerys reassured me. "Sometimes appearances are decided by my wants, desires, or memories. The scent of lovemaking was us from earlier."

A place without a set of defined rules as I was used to. What had I expected? This was a plain not visited by the living and, therefore, not subjected to its rules. A different set of logic ruled this place. This revelation should've frightened me but it didn't. My love was here and I knew nothing would harm me. I put a hand on the sheets and found them dry. Wants, desires, and memories. So this place had taken in only the sense of smell.

"You will get used to it." Daenerys replied. "When it is your time."

"Where is everyone else?" I asked.

"In their own versions of the afterlife. It might be that some see nothing but darkness. Some might stop existing."

"Peace."

Existence was too painful for some. Some had to do terrible things so that others could live a good life. Some made mistakes that made redemption all but impossible. Some lived through terrible events and were faced with a horrifying future. To some the idea of being nothing, of not existing, would be a form of heaven. Daenerys had said everyone had their own heaven. Though she had not been certain if she had been telling the truth.

"And you will be waiting for me?" I asked.

"That I will." Daenerys replied with a smile.

We kissed and then my eyes opened to a room in Winterfell. I smiled as I looked into the flames. Before I had fallen asleep doubt and despair had plagued my mind. Now I had been reassured by Khaleesi that I had done nothing wrong. She had also commanded me to find a new lover. Jon and Sansa Stark were both good choices for me. Sansa was the Lady of Winterfell and we could be powerful rulers of the North. Jon was the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and I could make sure he didn't make a political blunder.
Both were also physically desirable. Jon had more than shown his affections to me today. Sansa had come to my room the morning after I arrived. Even though she had been harmed by the majority of her husbands, my gentle touch could guide her. Never quicker than she wanted as she needed to heal at her own pace.

The fire continued to burn as the first rays of daylight entered my room. The vision I had had with Daenerys was enough sleep. Fucking her again had given me the energy I needed to last the day. And I would need energy when I made my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment