Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Eternal Heart: Prologue

Note:This is a Terminator fanfic that combines a bunch of different timelines, twists them around, and so can't be said to follow any one certain timeline.

"Wake up, Jash." A distant voice said. I ignored it since no one should wake me. Everyone should just let me sleep. I had risked enough and lost more than anyone else. Marty, though, would be the first to tell me that I was being overdramatic. But, of course, he had lost something that I hadn't and so thought his pain was worse than mine.

"Jash." The voice, that I could now tell was a woman, hissed. Opening my eyes I could see Lillith. Her form was human but she gave off a feel more alien than a Terminator. Looking to my left I saw Tin-Miss sitting beside me. Her real name was Cameron, if Terminators could be said to have names, and she was always confused when I called her that.

The reason I had given Cameron a nickname was because it reminded me of a simpler time. It reminded me of a time when I had hope. Well, at least before I made the worst decision of my life. Even the simplest hope that Skynet could be defeated was gone. I had helped defeat Skynet twice and I didn't know if it would stay defeated this time.

Along with my hope, my sanity had run away as fast as it could. It had seemed that without my hope, there was no sanity for me anymore. It was the reason, for a short time, that I was a traitor to the Resistance. But, for the most part, my loss of sanity and hope hadn't affected my loyalty to those who fought against Skynet.

Turning to see Marty standing on the stage made me realize that my hope and sanity weren't the only things that I had lost. I considered him a comrade still, but what he had done made it impossible for our friendship to go where it once had. I knew I had betrayed him, but at least I didn't go down to the levels he went down for me.
Being here wasn't my first choice. But I was a hero of the Resistance so I had to come.

"And now, the Former Wife of John Connor, hero of the Resistance, and a personal friend of mine has chosen to speak here and now." Marty said and I walked through the crowd.

Walking through the crowd I could tell who were my admirers, worshippers, and those who thought I should've been killed long before now. I didn't disagree with any of them, though the worshippers were not that intelligent. Once I was up on the stage I looked around the room.

I did this so I could waste time from saying what I had to say. The room appeared to be a former elementary school gym that would again be used for gym and prom, among other things, after the world had been rebuilt. It would need some touching up, though.

"Thank you, Martin Bedell," I said to him. "But you were the leader of the Resistance when Skynet fell. At least the leader everyone will remember years from now."

After the cheers stopped I continued, "All you here know is that I am not from this timeline and that I came from another one. That I lead the Resistance and won the war with Skynet. I then went back in time. I ended up joining the Resistance in this timeline. I joined John's faction and eventually came back to the Resistance. This you all know."

I looked to each of them and they nodded. "However, that isn't even half of what's gone on in my life. I now will tell you my whole history so you can make a choice. This will be a choice that will affect the future of your lives. It will either destroy you or make humanity stronger."

Before any of them could say no, I began.

No comments:

Post a Comment