Monday, July 18, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 15 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

I sat up quickly the moment I woke. Tears were going down my cheeks as I thought back to the dream. The dream was so wonderful that I never wanted it to end. In that dream I had never smothered Drogo since the mistake that paralyzed him never happened. In that dream Jorah hadn't been cursed with greyscale because I had never exiled him.

My arms wrapped around myself in the morning light. It was a vain attempt to make myself happy as Drogo would be dead no matter what I did. I had thought that he was nothing more than a pleasant memory but...but the wound of his loss ran deep. Much deeper than I had thought possible. How many things had I done out of pain without realizing it?

While we had eventually grown a deep love for each other, our meeting hadn't been romantic. Viserys had sold me off as a bride to Khal Drogo in an attempt to get funding for an army to retake the Iron Throne. At first I had been nothing but an animal for the needs of men.

But after...after something changed. I was no longer just a vessel for Drogo to enact his desires, I had become his equal. If it were in his power, he would give me the world. He had shown me the strength I had deep inside of me. He had also killed my brother and I was glad for the loss. No longer would that monster hunt me. His name would soon vanish from history.

"Drogo." I whispered.

What would he think of his khaleesi? Had I made him proud? He hadn't been able to give me the world and so I had taken charge of my fate instead. My child that I was closest to was named after the first man I had ever truly loved. Drogon was a constant reminder of my first husband's strength and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment