Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Would You Fall In Love With Me Again Chapter 9: Complications

This is a Skyrim/Alan Wake 2 fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


JASH

I opened my eyes to find myself on the peak of the Mountain. It was the highest point of my plane of Oblivion and where all my devotees yearned to be. But so few managed to the point none could be seen. In the near distance was a cave that housed the sleeping area for myself, Alex Casey, and Hircine.

Though Hircine tended to keep to his Hunting Grounds nowadays as Alex and myself still lived on Mundus. It was there we would stay until the Thalmor were eradicated.

I grinned the moment my eyes saw Alex. My husband had the worn look he always did but there was a brightness to his eyes that wasn’t usually there. Only I could bring such happiness to him.

Just like he could to me.

We had barely recognized the other when he was in my embrace. The warmth of his skin made me feel like I had found home for the first time in months.

“I want to actually feel you.” Alex whispered in my ear. “Meeting in spirit is not enough.”

“It is ours to be with you for eternity.” I promised yet again. “But for now we must live our lives. You’re not usually one to come speak to me for a simple ****.”

“I…I…I don’t know how to say it. I’ve been thinking on how to tell you for a day and I don’t know what to say.”

“My love, you have never been good with words.”

Usually Alex would retain his stoic look but there would be a barely noticeable struggle as he wanted to break out into laughter or at least a smirk but didn’t want to give me the satisfaction. Now, though, he didn’t have to fight off any sign of mirth.

What had happened to him since last we spoke?

“Scouts-Many-Marshes has come back.” Alex finally said.

I stepped back as a storm of emotions came over to me. There was a deep happiness, of course, and I was glad to once again have my husband with me. I wanted to rush into his arms and make sure that all of this was real. He, I, Alex, and Hircine would spend an eternity together.

But another thought came just as strong as happiness: what if Scouts didn’t like what I had become?

I was now a Daedric Prince married to another Daedric Prince. Before Scouts’ body had been buried in the ground, I had ****** Alex Casey and done everything in my power to have him by my side.

Would Scouts approve how easily I had given into my anger and loathing of the Thalmor to the point I had decided to commit genocide on the extremists? Would he approve of the fact the only reason I remained on Mundus was to make sure that the extinction of the Thalmor was complete?

And the thought of him disagreeing about my marriage to Hircine came back to me. There was no word for anything in Oblivion in Jel. For a Saxhleel who chose the customary burial: would he even look me in the eyes anymore?

Then there was the worry that something was off about Scouts’ return. Was it a trap? Was I just afraid to hope?

“What does Scouts think of my marriages?” I asked and couldn’t keep the worry out of my voice. “Does he accept you? Does he accept Hircine?”

“Scouts thinks that you marrying Hircine would have happened eventually.” Alex replied. “But I don’t think he expected you to marry him as a Daedric Prince.”

“And you?”

“Scouts wanted to…he wants to consummate our marriage. But he’s also willing to wait for me.”

I couldn’t help but take note of the embarrassment in Alex’s voice and eyes. He wanted to make love to Scouts but he also didn’t want to break my trust.

“My love, Scouts is as much my husband as he is yours. If it is your wish for him to warm your bed, I will not be mad.” I said with a smile.

“There’s something that’s bothering you.” Alex said.

My love knew me far too well.

“How did Scouts return?” I asked. “He wished to be granted the Saxhleel afterlife. My race returns to the Hist after death. If his soul was to return, it would no longer be the man I married. His body would also be changed.”

“We don’t know.” Alex admitted. “All he remembers is waking up right outside Frostflow Lighthouse.”

“Where he died. I doubt his return is the will of the Hist or else Scouts would know how he was returned to Mundus. The Saxhleel in Argonia might leave their home to try to attack if something broke my husband from the Hist.”

My duties prevented me from going to Scouts’ side and protecting him from any fanatics. If there were to be any fanatics. As fear and guilt threatened to strangle me, I managed to focus on another problem: Tim Breaker.

“Is it yours to remember Tim Breaker, Alex?” I asked.

“The Sheriff from Bright Falls?” Alex replied after a moment. “Barely. Why?”

“He just appeared on the latest battlefield. He has no memory of how he got there.”

“That can’t be a ******* coincidence. They’re connected somehow.”

“Most likely. “

Scouts was back and I might just lose him again. Tim could be the sign of something dark on the horizon. Alex was the one that could center me in this moment.

With a few simple words and actions, we were lost in each other.

I managed to gain enough control to look into his ey-the floor of my tent.

“No.” I hissed at the change of scenery.

Making love was great but it was the silence afterwards when there was just quiet breathing and touching of skin that deepened my love for Alex. Until this war was over, I could only relish in the lovemaking I adored.

And I would not risk a Thalmor victory. Not even for the man I loved.

I forced myself to stand up and took note of the state of my armor. I would have to change before meeting with Sissel and Tim.

No comments:

Post a Comment