Saturday, May 27, 2023

The Machine (Mini-Review)

The Machine is a movie based on one of Bert Kreischer's standup routines. It has been twenty years since Bert robbed a train with the Russian mafia. While throwing a birthday for one of his daughters, Bert and his father finds themselves in trouble with the Russian mafia. It turns out that during Bert's infamous train robbery he had stolen a watch that is a family heirloom to a Russian mob boss. If Bert fails to find the watch not only will he and his father die, but his oldest daughter will also die. The Machine was released in 2023. It was directed by Peter Atencio. It stars Bert Kreischer, Mark Hamill, and Jimmy Tatro.

There is a small scene that plays during the credits. This scene is the conclusion of a running joke in the movie. So I would highly suggest not immediately leaving once the credits start.

The scene in the trailer that sold me on this movie was when Bert accidentally shoots three people. Though, I admit, that part is out of place with the rest of the movie. There is one other scene in the movie where Bert accidentally causes graphic harm to a member of the Russian mob. Though it didn't bother me as I've seen a lot more graphic scenes in the horror movies I watch. But, again, those scenes of graphic violence are very out of place.

Mark Hamill, playing Bert's father, does an outstanding job as always. Instead of the noble Luke Skywalker, he is an overbearing father who doesn't seem to care about his son at all. The cornerstone of the movie is Bert and his father finally connecting with each other. I do not have a good relationship with my father but I doubt even being kidnapped by the Russian mob would change things. Unlike Bert's father, my dad only cares about himself. So watching this movie I got nostalgic for a relationship that will never happen.

Bert is trying to find something meaningful to hold onto. So it is really sweet that he finds how much of a positive impact he's had on other people. Such as Igor finding a better life because of Bert. He has his issues with his family, but he isn't a total failure.

Usually revrezner won't see a movie in theaters with me due to his back. But because he's a fan of the Machine, he decided to go with me. I'm used to the endless trailers and ads before a movie, so it was amusing watching him getting mad at them. We were at least ten minutes late and still arrived soon enough to see all the trailers.

I would highly recommend The Machine to fans of Bert Kreischer. I would recommend The Machine to those looking for an action packed comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment