Thursday, February 9, 2023

Fenrir's Whisper (Kafka's Men Book 5)

Even monsters feel...


Fenrir Blaine Rue has believed in the Cassowary Institute to the point he now runs Eden Vista Wellness Center. On the surface Eden is a place of peace where people go to get better.

But it is merely a front for the Institute to hide one of their facilities.

Madame has sent Blaine a new type of experiment at the same time the Claw has noticed something suspicious about Eden.

Fenrir's Whisper is the fifth book in the slow burning Reverse Harem series Kafka's Men.

"So Madame dumped you with the Icarus." The Hermes said as he sat down beside me.

"Yes, Chris, she did." I replied with a sigh.

The Hermes had been able to escape his duties for a short time. He looked more than exhausted and I understood why. He was great at his job yet he was forced to play a lowly part that was beneath him. I also preferred Institute business rather than the facade I put on for the public.

"Who is the survivor?" The Hermes asked. "He may be strong enough to be the first Icarus to survive more than a week."

"Tobias Berenson." I answered. "He wasn't a soldier and yet he has done better than most."

"What name did the Institute give him?"

"Daedalus."

"Not the Institute's finest moment."

"They probably thought he wouldn't last long enough for it to matter."

Again I thought that this Hermes and myself could be friends. There were too few people I could hold a proper conversation with and he was always nice to talk to. But I was a Fenrir and he a Hermes. I would have to use him for the good of mankind sooner or later. Much easier to do that if I didn't think of him as a friend. Being attached to people tended to cause problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment