Monday, March 7, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 1 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

Jorah Mormont


Before I had left Daenerys, she had promised me her bed. She had promised to make me her king. After everything I had hid from her, she trusted me enough to grant me the highest honor. A man who had once soiled his House's name would become a ruler of Westeros. It seemed impossible but my love did much that people called impossible.

Even though I had traveled a great distance with Tyrion Lannister and helped to free her from the Dothraki, I didn't expect her forgiveness. I hadn't accepted defeat and tried once again by participating in the fighting pits of Meereen. When she had been captured afterwards, I helped her but knew that she would send me away yet again. This time, though, I would not return.

It had surprised me when Daenerys had not only forgiven me but anointed me her king. She said she needed me by her side when she retook the Iron Throne. She, Daario, and myself knew what that meant. He wouldn't be in her bed much longer as she would throw him away once she set sail for Westeros.

The joy that went through my entire being was impossible to describe. I now had something to fight for yet again. She had made me turn away from dreams of Bear Island to serve by her side. Yet again I was denying fate because she asked it. She wanted me to live and so I would. The gods themselves seemed to bend to her will.

I felt a pair of eyes on me as I put the coin purse away. Without appearing like I noticed anything odd, I continued to walk around the city. I looked at various vendors and looked at some of their wares. My eyes looked around without seeming frightened. People happened to look around all the time. Though a Faceless Man would be able to read the fear clearly on me.

But who would send one of those feared assassins after me? Daario Naharis may be jealous of me, but he didn't have the funds necessary to secure the services of a Faceless Man. He would also know that if Daenerys ever found out he would be a dead man.

No comments:

Post a Comment