Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Update: Lynesse Chapter 16 has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of Lynesse and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"And you are sure that Jamie won't side with his sister again?" I asked. "He loved her and stood by her side as she committed numerous atrocities."

"He loved her." Tyrion repeated. "My brother may not have my wisdom, but he's no fool. He's admitted to himself who she truly is and won't change his mind on the matter. I don't doubt he'll cry over her death, but he will be strong enough to kill her."

"What if you're wrong?"

"Jamie won't do anything to endanger Daenerys' claim to the Iron Throne. He may be weak and save Cersei, but he'll never seat our sister on the throne ever again."

Because the words had come from his lips, I believed Tyrion Lannister. He was loyal to our queen and would not want to see her rule cut short. It didn't matter he would have to go up against his own family, he wanted the Lannisters off of the throne. He wanted to make his family's reign on the Iron Throne short.

"I would never have thought of riding Ghost." Jon said and I turned to face him. "He doesn't seem to mind you being his rider, though."

Jon would never think of riding a direwolf? Yet even though his blood ran thicker with Stark blood, he rode a dragon thereby following the footsteps of his Targaryen ancestors. It was more than natural for Khaleesi to ride a dragon, but seemed nearly profane for Jon to ride one of the creatures. Yet he would never think of riding a direwolf?

"The king doesn't seem to have much of a problem." Tyrion said, a slight teasing tone underlined his voice.

"Ghost is the most challenging mount I've ridden thus far." I admitted. "But I assume he is nothing compared to Rhaegal."

"Rhaegal is more at home in the air than I am." Jon replied.

"It may take time, but you will be comfortable in the air one day. The Targaryens weren't the only ones able to ride dragons. Why shouldn't a Stark feel at home on a dragon's back?"

It should be Jon that was king. It should be Jon that was Azor Ahai. Yet those two burdens had fallen on my shoulders. Those two burdens would test me unlike anything I had endured before. Maybe it was better Jon was just a man that rode on Rhaegal's back. He was a pure soul that should be spared the worst of what life entailed.

"I'll try to remember that." Jon said and put a hand on Ghost. "You stay safe, my friend."

"I doubt Ghost will allow any harm to come to me." I reassured him. "With you and Daenerys in the skies, no enemy will be brave enough to attack."

No comments:

Post a Comment