Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A Date with the Devil (Kafka's Men Book 4)

One special night...


Corvid "Kafka" Ravenhart has grown used to her relationship with Blaine Rue. She understands that their relationship can never be normal as he is the one keeping her caged.

So she is surprised when Blaine decides to have a date night with her.

For one magical night Kafka gets to experience a part of humanity she never thought she'd be able to.

A Date with the Devil is the fourth book in the slow burning Reverse Harem series Kafka's Men.

"Would you want to do this more often?" Blaine asked warily.

"I don't know." I replied. "It's a nice feeling not to be locked up. Though I'm still a prisoner, aren't I?"

"Don't think about that for now."

I guess he was right. Tonight was all about escaping the truth. He was my captor and I was his prisoner. Until I freed myself there would be no other life for me. It would always be him holding all the power and me who had to do whatever he wanted. Though he did seem to go out of his way to pamper me whenever allowed. He didn't have to make tonight a date but he did.

But he wouldn't do this for anyone else. He wouldn't allow Wendigo a night of fine dining. He wouldn't allow Wendigo to have nice clothes or live somewhere other than a cell. Blaine loved me and so he made every excuse to never move me back in the room I had been in when I was born. The room that was lifeless and that people must go mad in. It was no place for anyone to live.

"Can you eat like this whenever you want?" I asked. "The nights you don't come back to your room, do you eat here?"

"Sometimes I'm kept up with work and can't spare time to eat a meal." Blaine replied curtly. "Those nights I usually am kept awake by coffee."

"Is working for the Institute that bad?"

I hoped that I could get through to Blaine. I hoped that he would recognize how insane it was to pamper me and yet keep me a prisoner. It was too much to hope that he would also realize the villain he was deep inside. No matter the lies he told himself. Why did I want to save him? Didn't I love him for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment