Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Update: To Die For You If Need Be Chapter 2 Has Been Written

I've finished writing the latest chapter of To Die For You If Need Be and will start editing tomorrow at the earliest. All depends on how well I'm doing.

Here's a small unedited excerpt of what to look forward to:

"I'm Ser Jorah Mormont." I said quietly and pushed my sleeve up just enough so he could see my greyscale.

"You are aware there is no known cure." The maester said with no inflection to his voice. "It would have been better if you had killed yourself in Essos. Now you have spent time and effort to die here."

"Daenerys Targaryen, the true ruler of the Iron Throne, has commanded me find a cure. If there is any hope for me to fulfill her command it can be found in the Citadel."

I had to stop myself from declaring myself her king. I doubted the maester would even care that Daenerys had sent me, much less that I'd be her husband. In recent years the Seven Kingdoms had broken down to Six Kingdoms and the Iron Throne had many different rulers sit on it. Now Cersei Lannister sat on it as all her bastard children had died.

"Then you have no choice." The maester said with a brief nod. "We have a room that can be spared for a month or two."

The way the maester could casually declare my death turned my blood cold. Now someone beside myself was declaring my sentence. He had repeated my own fears that this venture of mine was useless. Of course I would die. Of course there was no hope for me. Of course I had no choice but to obey Daenerys' orders.

No comments:

Post a Comment