Sunday, March 13, 2022

Preacher Man (Mini-Review)

Preacher Man is a short erotic story by Jessa Kane. For a year Mila has grown more and more obsessed over her town's preacher. But she's worried that every Sunday she is tempting him further and further into sin. Little does she know that Joseph's soul was lost long before he met her. When it comes time for her baptism, Mila enacts a plan to cement a relationship with the preacher.

I didn't expect a fight sequence in this book. While Joseph's troubled past that is still haunting him, that doesn't mean there would be any blood spilt in the book. I am a horror hound and so have a decent stomach when it comes to gore, so the fight sequence wasn't that impressive. But at least it was there. And after the fight is my favorite sex scene of the entire book.

One of my kinks is voyeurism. I like the idea of people watching me have sex. Now in real life that kink really has to be reeled in because unsuspecting people shouldn't be subjected to something they have no interest in. I know if I was just walking in certain places I would not want to see people having sex. But in fiction I'm much more free to explore that side of myself. The book begins with Mila...um...showing herself off to Joseph. Then at one point they do the nasty in front of the entire congregation. It was all so wrong in the right ways for me.

Men being possessive in these sorts of books is to be expected. In a way that level of possessiveness can be good in a fictional setting, but the level Joseph went to was a little too much for me. It didn't feel like he would allow Mila to have any friends of her own. In the book she doesn't have anyone outside of her relationship. It would have been nice to allow her a friend or two just to show that Joseph did want her having a life outside their relationship.

I would recommend Preacher Man to those looking for an erotic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment