Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A Marriage of Convenience Chapter 12: A Song of Ice and Fire

This is a Game of Thrones fic. All rights belong to the copyright holders.

This chapter has been edited due to content. I edited a sex scene down to only plot relevant dialogue. If you want to see the unedited version GO HERE.


DAENERYS TARGARYEN
I woke up and found myself cradled in Jorah's arms. It had been a few days since Jon had figured everything out. Since then I had made it very clear where my heart lay. I smiled as I watched my love's sleeping form. It was good to see him at peace with no worry on his face. It would be a shame to wake him up and yet I had to. After this war there would be many mornings to move slowly.

I kissed his chest and the Mormont moved slightly. Encouraged by his reaction I kissed him a few more times. Finally he opened his eyes and looked down at me with a smile. His hands guided me to rest beside him.

"Khaleesi." Jorah said as he kissed my lips.

"My sweet bear." I replied as our kisses ended.

Khaleesi had long since stopped being a title and had become a term of endearment instead. I wanted to make love to him now and yet duty called. This didn't make me sad as there would be many more years with my husband. Many more years to make love to him. I got out of our bed and covered myself up. Once out of Jorah's embrace the harsh winter cold hit me. The cold had been getting worse. Nowadays not even the warmest fires could get rid of the chill.

"How are you feeling for it?" I asked Jorah. "You still seem nervous about the ceremony. Though it seems as if people have already accepted you as their king."

"I am still nervous." Jorah admitted as he got dressed. "There's a difference in making it official. I think it was wise to meet with Lyanna before the ceremony. I don't think she would like referring to me as her king."

"You would still have Jon's blessing in any case. I think that matters more to your cousin than anything else."
Jon had continued to be distant and only talked with me when duty demanded. I understood his reaction and was glad that he thought of the greater good. The greater good? Was that something I truly felt or just another rationalization? No, Jon did think of what was right over what he wanted. By knowing how much Jorah's guilt had eaten away at him, I tried distancing myself from my own while still acknowledging it.

"I'm thinking of wearing white to match the snow." I said just as we both finished getting dressed.

"So you're not going with your family colors?" Jorah replied.

"Are you arguing with me, my king?"

"Of course not, my queen. You look stunning in everything you wear."

Jorah walked over and leaned his head down. His lips were strong as we kissed each other. As our kisses intensified, he pulled away. If he hadn't done so we would have ******. I put a hand on his chest and calmed myself.

"I love you, Daenerys." Jorah said with a faint smile. "And after the wedding I will show you how much."

"I thought you already showed me." I teased him.

"Maybe I was holding back."

"You'll need to prove it."

With a brief kiss we went our separate ways. As I walked the weight of my journey came to the forefront of my mind. My journey had begun in a storm where I had to flee Westeros. I had grown up with Viserys constantly abusing and belittling me. He had thought so little of me that he had used me as a bargaining chip. That had been his fatal mistake. Because of him I had been united with Drogo. Because of Drogo I had found a way to kill my brother.

Before and after Drogo's death, Jorah had been there for me. It had taken me a long time to realize what he had meant to me, but I had finally noticed. Now whenever I was with him I could forget my mortality and the Iron Throne. Whenever I was with him, whether the carnal moments of lovemaking or merely being alone with him, nothing else existed. I should've realized how much he meant to me. If I had then there would've been no reason to use Jon.

"Your Grace." A woman said to me and I turned to see Sansa Stark.

While Jon could fight, his sister had another kind of power. A power that made her more deadly than any fighter. Jon and I could only kill people while Sansa could do much worse. She had learned from Petyr Baelish. What Varys and Tyrion said of the man was horrifying. Varys had joked once that it wouldn't be surprising if Petyr was the reason for Robert's Rebellion.

"Lady Stark." I said and allowed her to walk beside me.

We walked in silence for a few minutes. Her fiery red hair was a contrast to my own white hair. I had mine in elaborate braids while hers was subject to the wind. She had hardly said anything about what had been done to Jon. That wasn't a surprise as we had only talked in meetings.

"So you think it's best to not tell the other Houses about Jon's lineage?" I asked to break the silence.

"Besides Lyanna Mormont and ourselves, no one needs to know." Sansa replied. "At least not until after the war. Asking Lyanna was just a way for me to test what the other Houses would do. She wavered before saying she was still loyal to Jon. If the most faithful to House Stark would reply like that, the less faithful Houses would become unreliable."

That might indeed happen. It would be best not to risk telling others for the mere fact of safety. Besides, it wasn't important. Jon had aligned himself fully with his Stark side. Even his Targaryen blood wasn't strong enough to pull him away from the North.

"You used my brother." Sansa said.

"Yes, I did." I admitted. "I used him in my greed. Jon didn't deserve what was done to him."

"You should've acted on that morality a lot earlier. Instead you used his feelings against him. You made him feel needed while all you wanted was the North. It was a cruel and calculated action. He shouldn't have given you the North after all you put him through. He was more kind to you than you deserved."

"I am aware of that. He deserves to be loved by a woman. Ygritte was dear to him and he needs someone to help him recover."

"Even though what you did to him was deplorable, it was a strategic move. It was cold and callous yet no one who plays the game of thrones is like Jon. The great game is won by people like you. People who are unafraid to bloody their own hands. If it hadn't been Jon you had fooled, I might be one of your most loyal supporters."

So Sansa admired but didn't like me. Petyr had been a man who had manipulated others so of course she would admire me manipulating someone. I had acted in a manner similar to how she had been trained. That fact scared me. To think I was so similar to Petyr for Lady Stark to admire my actions. How moral could I really be if I wanted to keep the Iron Throne? Could I change my ways or would I always fly close to madness?

"If I hadn't manipulated Jon, would you agree with him bending the knee?" I asked.

"I still wouldn't agree with him bending the knee to you." Sansa admitted. "The Northern lords have not argued about it since there are more important things to do at the moment. I expect a few to try a rebellion and I have planned for such an event. It would have been better for Jon to wait to arrive back in Winterfell before bending the knee."

I wouldn't ask her if she thought it better if the North had never given up its independence. She wouldn't have given me an honest answer if she was for Northern independence. It would be a very poor political move if she had admitted to favoring Northern independence. For a few more minutes we walked together and then went our separate ways.

My dragons had adapted to the North as well as could be expected. They didn't consider this place their home and yet they endured. I think it was because they wanted revenge for Viserion. They wanted to make the Night King pay as much as I did.

I pulled my cloak tight against me as Drogon roared. He started circling Winterfell just as I left the Castle. On the outskirts Rhaegal was on the ground and looking at Jon. My child was showing more than a passing interest to the man. While Drogon had allowed the man to pet him, Jon didn't have the same connection to him as I did. Targaryen blood or not, Jon wouldn't be able to ride Drogon until I died. Unless a situation arose like it had beyond the Wall.

"Rhaegal would be a fitting mount for you, Jon." I said and he finally took notice of me. "He's named after your father."

"Ghost is better than a dragon." Jon retorted.

I knew he had said that merely to disagree with me. Jon was obsessed with killing the dead and not making use of such powerful a weapon would be stupid. He wouldn't allow his dislike of me to get the better of him. I looked around for Ghost and didn't see him. The direwolf was probably off running around and letting out energy.

"But having a dragon would be more than useful for this war." Jon said after a few minutes. "I came to you initially for your dragons."

I was silent as I didn't know how to reply. Did he want me to apologize or would he find that useless? I walked up next to him and Rhaegal took off. Jon and I watched as Rhaegal joined Drogon in the sky. Both seemed to be playing some sort of game that couldn't be deciphered. If Jon did decide to ride Rhaegal and if my child accepted him, my nephew would one day join me in battle.

"I didn't want to be a king." Jon said as we continued to watch my children. "Being the head of House Stark will be enough."

"Westeros will need someone that is compassionate after all this is over." I replied. "You will be a great asset for the North after all this is over."

"The problem with that is I don't know if you're lying."
I looked at his eyes and they showed something more than pain. Seeing how much loss he had gone through because of me hurt. It was a pain I had to endure. It was a pain I should endure. Jon hadn't deserved what had been done to him and I should've realized that sooner. I should've come out with the truth and been honest with him.

"There is no need to manipulate you anymore." I replied. "Once you decided to not share my bed, the plan was gone."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jon asked. "Why did you trick me into thinking you loved me?"

"Because I wanted the Iron Throne and I wanted to be with Jorah. He told me he wouldn't **** me unless I went along with the plan. At the start it was a combination of my love for Jorah and need for the Iron Throne. But after that first night with him he wouldn't have left me. I stuck with the plan because of greed."

"Was it really just me that didn't notice?"

"Tyrion Lannister suspected something but didn't have any solid evidence for his suspicions."

I wanted to say hiding my affair with Jorah had been painful but that would not be kind to Jon. He had endured so much worse.


JON SNOW
It turned into a long day after Daenerys met me outside the castle. It always hurt me whenever I saw her. There was a great pain that plagued me whenever she was around. Yet I wouldn't risk breaking off our alliance now. I wouldn't break away from the Seven Kingdoms as there was no reason for that much chaos. Even after the Night King was killed, Westeros should be blessed with peace and not another feud. I would hold my tongue for the sake of others.

I entered my room and shut the door. A servant had started a fire in the fire place and so I sat in front of it. Flames had begun to make me more aware of my Targaryen blood. I wasn't resistant to fire like my aunt and yet it called out to me. There was a power in the fire that wanted to use me as a conduit. That calling made me think I had to become a rider. Not just to fight the dead but for another reason. A reason that had no name.

It was good to be somewhere warm. There was hardly a place in the castle that provided any amount of warmth. Usually the cold felt good but this cold warned of danger. It wasn't the comforting cold I was used to. Even when going beyond the Wall it hadn't felt like this. I hid inside my thoughts to try and find some way to escape the cold.

Daenerys had told me she was pregnant before. But when she told me she had been trying to keep me by her side. She had tried to use my own feelings against me. Her plan had nearly worked. She had known me very well. Though with how my mind had been clouded, I wouldn't give her too much credit.

The only reason I believed she was pregnant now was because the signs were more than obvious. She had said the child was mine but she could've been lying about that part. Or maybe she just didn't know. It could be Jorah's or it could be mine. It was a maddening thought that another man would raise my child. The thought was insane as Daenerys had never loved me. Then again, I had never loved her.

Before everything about the Targaryen had been fitted to how I viewed the world. The version of Daenerys that I had loved wasn't her and could never be her. I had created an illusion to satisfy myself. She hadn't deserved that. She deserved to be viewed as she actually was. No matter how much I loathed her, I didn't want to take her individuality away.

There was still the matter of if I was the child's father or not. If I was then I could never forgive myself for abandoning my blood. I had never known my mother or father and I shouldn't allow my child to suffer the same fate. But if I had stayed with Daenerys it wouldn't have ended well for me. Or could I have eventually found peace in being with her? Was there even a right answer?

"Yes?" I asked as I heard knocking on my door.

The door opened and I saw Lyanna Mormont. As always her expression matched Jorah's. A face of anger and rage. A face that showed strength. She sat on the seat opposite of mine. Arya had put it there for when she visited at night.

"Lady Mormont," I said respectfully. "Is there a reason you're in my chambers?"

"Yes," Lyanna replied. "I have an offer for you."

The head of House Mormont had come to Winterfell for the wedding. While she was distant from Jorah and distrusted Daenerys, she knew politics. She knew that to stay away from the wedding would be detrimental in the long run. If there had been circumstances that kept her away then she could've avoided being here. But those circumstances had failed to appear.

"I'm afraid." She continued. "The dead are coming and the fate of my House rests on my shoulders. If I die then I'll have abandoned my House."

"You'll be fighting." I reassured her. "There's no dishonor in dying in battle. You'll be fighting for the fate of Westeros."

"Even though I might die nobly, I will still have left my House with no ruler and no future."

I could understand her fear. I was now head of House Stark and could understand her burden. If it turned out that the last Stark was me I would share Lyanna's thoughts. Even if I died nobly, the fact would be that my House would die with me. That was not a pleasant thought.

"You forgiven Jorah for his past crimes." I pointed out. "He is a good enough man to keep the Mormont name."

"While I have forgiven him, he won't be able to carry the Mormont bloodline." Lyanna retorted. "He has proven himself worthy to be accepted back in to House Mormont. Yet his children will be Targaryens unless Daenerys dies before him."

"If Daenerys dies during the war he can marry another."

"Yes, that could happen."
Lyanna's lips formed the smallest of smiles and I couldn't help but laugh. It was so strange to see her usually stoic face become happy. She turned to me and her strange smile widened further. I shook my head and managed to calm myself down. It wouldn't do to become out of control at this moment.

"Do you need me to help you?" I asked. "You said you had an offer for me. You helped House Stark in our darkest time. If there is anything I can do for you, I will."

"House Mormont has been loyal to House Stark for many generations." Lyanna said as her face became stoic yet again. "Now our ancestral sword is in your hands. I think it is time for House Stark and House Mormont to join."

"And what if there is another House to ally myself with?"

"At the moment I see no other choice. You need to make sure that the Stark legacy lives on with a House that is loyal to you."

"You realize that by marrying me there will no longer be a House Mormont?"

"While I don't like to count Jorah among my House, he is. As the King of Westeros he will have more than enough power to preserve our home. At least that part of the legacy will stay."

Daenerys had opened my eyes to the fact those you trusted would lie. For a brief moment I thought that Lyanna was using me at such a vulnerable part of my life. But, no, she wouldn't betray me. She was a little girl underneath the aura of head of a House. She must be scared and frightened. Of course she would run to me when all else seemed lost. It could be that this decision wouldn't matter in the end. At the end of the war we could both be dead.

"And this marriage is for purely political reasons?" I asked.

"Do you think I love you?" Lyanna scoffed. "I admire you and find comfort in you, but I don't love you."

"I wanted to make sure you didn't want a marriage for love. Ygritte will always be the only woman I've loved. She was perfect and I won't move on. I tried to love again and that vulnerability was used against me. That will be the only time that mistake will be made."

If Lyanna and I fell in love later, that would be fine. But I wasn't expecting that to happen. If she later wanted to have an affair with a man I would let her, as long as she first sired some of my offspring. I didn't know if I was now capable of love. I didn't think I could ever again hold a woman in my arms with any sort of affections. As head of House Stark I would do my duties in bed, but anymore than that wasn't something I wanted.

"I am more than grateful of House Mormont's support of me." I continued. "You helped me win back Winterfell and Jeor helped me grow strong. Jorah...Jorah taught me to be careful. Marrying you would show you how much you and your House mean to House Stark."

The fire crackled loudly as talking ceased, at least for the moment. There was a part of me that felt free now that I wasn't seeking anyone's affections. The burden of moving on no longer haunted me. The confusion of picking a woman was gone from me. A weight was lifted. And now with Lyanna's marriage proposal, I didn't have to worry about seeking a woman for purely political reasons. I could breathe easier knowing that my burden wasn't as great as before.

And yet another part of me yearned for love. It felt empty without a woman to hold and dedicate its life to. I needed another half. Thankfully that part was being silenced by the other part of me. The part that didn't mind not having anyone to love. In my life I had loved a great woman and that would be enough. No one could measure up to her and there was no reason for me to seek out a woman that could.

"Thank you," Lyanna finally replied. "This means much to me."

"As it does to me." I said.

I had a person I could trust. I should open up to her so that one of my confidants would be my own wife. There were thing I didn't want to discuss with Sansa, Bran, Davos, or even Arya. There was no doubt in my mind that Lyanna didn't want to deceive me like Daenerys had. My marriage with the Mormont was a purely political one. And if I was right in that fear had brought her to me, I should be there to relieve her stress.

"I loved Ygritte deeply." I told Lyanna. "She was a wife to me even without us being married. Even though she tried killing me I loved her. My sister Arya is also someone I have feelings for. With the thought of those two women on my mind I was weak. Daenerys jumped on that fact. I was trying not to commit the sin of incest and yet I did."

"You learned." The Mormont replied gently.

In those two words the Lady turned into a scared little girl. I had reveled myself to be a foolish man with sinful thoughts and so she was beginning to open up. There was more silence as we looked at each other and then turned back to the fire.

"I'm scared." Lyanna finally said. "I am doing my best to rule my House but...it's more than I can deal with at times. Everyone around me looks to me for answers and sometimes I don't have any. So then I have to do my best to look like I know what I'm doing. That's why I'm so resentful of my cousin. It's not because he dishonored our House, it's because he put so much responsibility onto my shoulders."

"Is that why you forgave him?" I asked.
"Yes. I'm not going to damn someone because of my own fear. It wouldn't be fair to him. And, to be honest, I don't really understand his reasons for selling people into slavery. I just know what people tell me."

"You don't know what it's like to hurt others for the person you love."

"No, I don't."

Maybe it was best that she didn't understand the twisted things love could make a person do. We looked at each other briefly and smiled. We would become good friends. We would become good leaders of House Stark. I had lost love, but I had gained a valuable ally.


JORAH MORMONT
I breathed in deeply and tried to calm my heart. It was beating unusually fast and I knew why. Today was the day I would marry Daenerys Targaryen. Today was the day I would marry the woman I had loved for so long. The first time I had seen her on her wedding with Khal Drogo was still clear in my mind. Then, as now, she remained the most beautiful woman I had laid eyes on. A connection ran between us that defied explanation.

"I guess I shall be calling you King Jorah Mormont soon." Tyrion said sipping on some wine.

We were both walking through Winterfell to the Godswood. The air had warmed up as if the gods found my marriage to Khaleesi sacred. I didn't care one way or another what the gods thought. I loved her and she loved me. Nothing had been able to pull us apart and nothing ever would. Some love ran deep.

"You aren't supposed to be drinking wine yet." I half-heartedly reprimanded him.

"Well, I will complain to those that allowed me to sneak a glass away." Tyrion replied.

"I doubt you have had just one glass."

"You are much smarter than you let on."

I let out a sigh as we continued making our way. Hopefully this would be my last marriage. Hopefully she wouldn't die during the war. The need to spend countless days and nights with my love was a need that shouldn't be denied. Another thing that pulled at me was the awkwardness of being referred to as King. Lyanna Mormont had allowed me back into our House but had kept her position. I wouldn't deny her that and with my loyalties to Daenerys, ruling Bear Island wasn't an option.

Though now there would be no House Mormont after myself and Lyanna if I didn't produce Mormont heirs. That would only happen if Daenerys died which was the last thing I wanted. My cousin had told me and I had accepted her decision. There needed to be strength during these hard times and siding with House Stark was a move of survival. But there had been another reason in Lyanna's eyes that I hadn't been able to read. This had nothing to do with my lack of perception, but the fact she never allowed me a clear look at her eyes.

I shouldn't be thinking so heavily about politics on a day like this. The sun was high and the temperature was bearable. I was going to be marrying Daenerys. That's all that should matter to me at this time. She could've found herself a much better suitor. She could've chosen someone with a title and yet she had chosen me.

"It's odd that you're the one waiting for her." Tyrion said as we stood in front of the tree.

The tree was a weirwood and was situated by a pool of black. This tree was more than special as it was a heart tree. The face on it seemed to look into my soul as if daring me to lie. One was never to lie in front of this kind of tree. That was the reason ceremonies, such as weddings, were held in front of them. One couldn't lie. Though Sansa's wedding with Ramsay was one example of how perverse things were still done in front of them. Maybe it was the Old Gods who had killed Ramsay for his insolence.

"Odder things have happened." I mused and turned around.

Soon enough the people gathered around. Daenerys' men positioned themselves around me while the Northerners went on the opposite side. I knew she was walking towards me before I saw her. The Northerners parted to allow her to pass. Her white fur dress complimented her white skin and hair. She would've blended in perfectly with the snow if not for her grey maiden's cloak. In all my time knowing her, she had never looked more beautiful. My own fur coat was black with small bits of green littered throughout.

Everyone seemed to disappear with each step she took. Instead of marrying a suitable suitor, she had chosen me. It was an honor I didn't think I deserved. I would never deserve her love and yet I would not deny it. Not ever again.
We looked at each other with longing. She had no one giving her away, an oddity that wasn't customary. But who would argue with her on this day? She was a beauty to behold. So sure of herself that she seemed unaffected by the world around her. She was much stronger than she or I knew. Westeros would have a good queen to rule them after all the fighting was done. House Targaryen would once again be in control of the Seven Kingdoms.

"Today we celebrate the union of two people." Tyrion said. "Daenerys of House Targaryen, first of her name, has decided on her king. The king who will help her rule Westeros and defeat the White Walkers. Jorah Mormont, do you accept Daenerys as your wife?"

Things in the ceremony had been changed. Things had been shifted due to me not having a title to equal Daenerys. She had agreed not to embarrass me by having me fully play the role of a woman. The reason we were having a more Northern style ceremony was to honor the North. We wanted to appease Jon when we could.

"Yes, I do." I replied simply.

Khaleesi and I bowed in front of the weirwood tree. I didn't believe in anything but Daenerys. She was what made me stable. But I also had respect for my heritage. I had respect for where I came from. While Father had believed in the Faith of the Seven, the Old Gods always seemed more real to me. So I bowed not just for mere ceremony, but because part of me believed the Old Gods were watching. We both needed their blessing.

When we rose I removed Daenerys' maiden's cloak and handed it to Tyrion. Lyanna Mormont came forward and handed my love's bride's cloak to me. It was white and if it fell onto the snow it'd be lost. I put it on Daenerys and we kissed briefly. I felt my heart speed up as I realized I was now a king. No longer was I without a title.

It took no time for us to head back to the main hall where the feast was. My love and I would have the larger feast due to us having the larger titles. Lyanna and Jon would have a bountiful, but smaller feast. As soon as we entered the hall the scent of the food was overwhelming. In the back a bard was playing a happy tune.

"The Bear and His Maiden Fair." I said with a small smile.

"A little cliche?" Daenerys said returning my grin.

"I think your King will allow it."

We took our seats and started eating. The meat was the finest the North could spare as was the wine. After the war was won there would be feasts for days as everyone celebrated being alive. Peace would come as differences were laid aside. At least for a little while. Those years would be easy to rule and allow me to grow into my role of King.

"I should've known something was up." Tyrion said as he poured himself yet another glass of wine. "I had suspicions but never acted on them."

"Jorah and Daenerys were good at hiding their intentions." Sansa replied. "They made sure that no one would suspect. They pretended to not be friends so no one would expect anything more. It was very clever, Tyrion."

"While our King and Queen are very wise, I always expect only so much intelligence from them."

Daenerys and I smiled at each other. Tyrion had not so kindly called us both stupid. I didn't care as the Lannister and Stark would remain our allies. Sansa might be a friend or just an ally. It was very hard to tell with her. The bard started to play a slow and mellow tune as we finished eating. I watched as people started dancing. Once a happier song started to play more people joined the other dancers.
"Do you dance, Jorah?" Khaleesi asked.

"That I do." I replied. "It's been awhile."

"Then I'll help you."

There was cheering once we made our way to the others. Once we were dancing there was much space given to us. I hardly noticed as my eyes were on Daenerys once again. She looked more than beautiful in her wedding dress and I couldn't wait to rip it off of her. I couldn't wait until I bed her this night. There was a difference between making love to a lover and to a wife.

As the feast grew to an end, I went with Daenerys to our room. As we left the hall people shouted crude phrases. Originally some people were supposed to help us undress, but neither of us wanted that. We wanted to be in charge of how our clothing was taken off. Whether our methods allowed our wedding garments to be used again or not.

The trek through Winterfell seemed to take much longer than normal. Each footstep seemed to take a lifetime. If I had been a younger man I would've been in danger of taking Daenerys out in the open. But my better side prevailed and I made it to our room. As soon as the door was shut, I pushed her roughly up against it.

After a surprised look we made love more passionately than before.

"You were holding back." Daenerys said with a laugh.

"I tried to tell you." I said playfully.

She leaned down and I put a hand behind her head as we kissed. It wasn't a passionate kiss like before as we were both somewhat exhausted. Instead the kiss was gentle and tender. Afterwards she got off of me and lay in my arms. This would be the first of many times I would make love to her as my wife. The reality was still strange to me.

"I'll call the child yours." Daenerys told me. "I don't care if the father is actually Jon. It is our child."

"I don't care who the father is, as I've told you before." I replied. "What matters is that it's yours and I'm bound to protect it."

"Your duty is to protect me and Westeros."

"Why I care for the child's safety goes beyond mere duty, my love."

It was the truth. My love for Daenerys went beyond words, ceremonies, or anything that could be defined. There was a connection to her that couldn't be explained and I didn't want it to be. The fact I had no title before my marriage to her would unnerve some. Besides me not having a title before there was also the fact I had helped conspire against Jon Snow. If I didn't prove myself to him before the dead were defeated, there might be a chance he could lead a rebellion. Though Jon did not seem like that kind of man.

"You will be a good father." Daenerys said. "You're noble and strong."

"And you will be a good mother." I replied. "You started with nothing and yet now lead armies."

"If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have made it."

"I will continue to say you would have survived without me."

"And I will continue to say you lie about that fact."
The strength she had in battle, in ruling, and in making love was great. She could've found a way to survive even without my help. It would've been harder but I trusted in my queen. Her abilities were greater than she would ever know.

"I'm a king now." I said for the first time. "I'm a ruler of the Seven Kingdoms."

"Once there is time, I will make a crown for you." Daenerys replied. "You look regal enough that I don't think you need one."

"Isn't it bad enough that you make me royalty? Now you feel the need to put a crown on my head?"

She was about to say something and then she looked at the small grin on my face. She smacked me and I laughed loudly. Then our laughter turned to moans of passion and we made love yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment